My slices of a reef...!

maddmaxx

Hello everyone,
just took some new pics of my tanks and was looking to share...ive been in the hobby for some time now, bumps and bruises like all, but nothing extreme. to date i am running a 125 mixed reef and a 40B mixed reef. i will give a listing of equipment on both systems and post pics and hope u enjoy...thanx for looking.

125G:

standard 125 gallon all glass aquarium
drilled with two over flows on each end of tank and the return coming up over and in from the back of the tank
55g three chamber sump w/ filter sock
octo xtreme 200 w/ gate valve mod and bubble blaster 3000 pump upgrade
regular 300w heater
mag18 return pump, split to return some water back into the fuge
speaking of fuge, the sump is a standard 55g tank. the fuge is huge in this tank!!!! 75w 65k bulb over fuge..... mucho mucho rubble rock and chaeto in this thing. DSB too..
also plummed into the sump is a dual carbon/phos reactor

as far as lighting and water movement go, a lil something like this
again mag18 return, also have the koralia wavemaker with two pumps and the photo cell.
im running 3x 250w xm 14k, along with 4x 72" vho lighting. the vho bulbs i went with the super actinic, 454, and 2x 10k. LEDs for lunar lites..in the canopy i put 2x 4" fans for air movement. along the back of the canopy i put a screen across it so no jumpers cud free fall to my floor! learned my lesson haha..

40B:

standard 40b tank
drilled wit a over flow
return is split with a scwd and returns to the tank with to water eductors (great random flow with the scwd and eductors in this shaped tank)
20L three chamber sump.
600gph return pump, split to dump back into the fuge, which this also takes up most of the sump and is filled with a DSB and rubble rock and chaeto.
75w 65k fuge light
200w heater
SC 150 skimmer w/ mesh mod
TLF reactor with GFO and carbon plummed into sump
lighting go 1X 175w Xm 14k with 2x 24" vho actinics, which are also super actinic and 454 bulbs. LEDs for lunar lights. 2x 3" fans for air movement in canopy
2x koralia 1050s on a ocean pulse wavemaker, this added to the return system gives random flow thru out the tank..

Last edited:
my 125 mixed reef. (sorry for cell phone pics)

0428022159.jpg

Left side
0428022200a.jpg

center
0428022200.jpg

right
0428022159a.jpg

0428022200b.jpg

0428022201.jpg

All lighting systems are on their own timer not just the 2 in this pic. there is another digital power strip mounted on the wall...

and for giggles this is my lil 5.5 fresh water planted drift wood tank,,,i am considering turning this into a nano???

0428022149.jpg

0428022148.jpg

Nice tanks ... don't cha wish the fish would realize the camera was out and would stop to say cheese every once in a while, lol

clearing out my subscriptions and I came across this that I posted. boooooo,,,, so sad that 6 months after posting these pics, I lost both beautiful tanks to hurricane Sandy.. shame, kinda sad now lmao...

Back