Nano Wave box on a shallow 6' tank???

JustinReef

Just wondering what you guys think of the Nano Wave box on a 72"x19"x16" tall tank? Minimal rockwork in the tank (about 40 lbs.) and all very low to the sand. The tank is a peninsula tank, so the rocks are all down the very center.

The overflow in on the opposite end of the tank from where the wavebox would be. I have a herbie style drain and am also concerned it may make that loud?

Will a nano even do much across a 6' span?

Thanks!

Justin, the nano wavebox will not be enough for your tank size. It is too LONG for such small wavebox. You will need a regular wavebox like 6212 to be able to make it work nicely.

The nano may work but will not work as well and will be hard to dial in. Here is the video of the nano wavebox in a 48x18 tank...

With the herbie :D style, it will make noise if the wave start to rock...

Yeah I am worried about my overflow. I know someone who has the same overflow as mine and has a regular sized wavebox. He had to adjust the overflow quite a bit but ended up getting it quiet eventually. I guess you can hear a bit of water going down the emergency drain but not a big deal.

Thanks!

It might work but in general the full size 6212 is probably better. What are the tank dimensions overall?

It will probably work but the wave will definitely be taller with the 6212. In general I recommend the 6206 for tanks below 5ft or 150 gallons in volume. The 6212 is for anything larger.

Ok, thanks.

I found a good deal on a 6212 anyways but I just prefer the smaller one. Probably will go with the 6212 though.

Back