Need fish selection Advice for FOWLR

kratosxxl

Hey Everyone
So i decided to get back to hobby but doing Fowlr this time
I have 90 gal with 37 gall sump , skimmer rated to 265 gall (reef octopus Classic 202-S) Lot of biomedia manly 1 gall Biopure 1.5 inch balls and 8x8 Marine pure block , carbon bags

I know u cant really over do with fish but i was thinking Emperor angel and porcupine puffer ? what else (if its doable)
If not what can i get ?

Hey Everyone
So i decided to get back to hobby but doing Fowlr this time
I have 90 gal with 37 gall sump , skimmer rated to 265 gall (reef octopus Classic 202-S) Lot of biomedia manly 1 gall Biopure 1.5 inch balls and 8x8 Marine pure block , carbon bags

I know u cant really over do with fish but i was thinking Emperor angel and porcupine puffer ? what else (if its doable)
If not what can i get ?

That's a tight space for both fish. They both get pretty large. I would go with a dwarf angel or two if you want an angel. If you want a puffer, maybe a Valentini? It's not big, but it will have a lot more space to grow than the emperor and porcupine.

I would rescale my fish options towards a little smaller. You could certainly keep a dwarf angel, even a small harem of them. I'm no puffer expert, but I think the big ones are too big, and the small ones, like the valentini mentioned above, are too slow to compete at feeding time. Instead, consider a tang or two. There are some sturdy butterflies, like the Auriga or Heniochus.

One of the great things about FOWLR tanks is you're not restricted to reef-safe fish, so you've got lots to choose from. It might help to decide what fish you want the most - your pivotal species. All other choices will need to be compatible with it, making your decisions a little easier. Once you have your fish list, you can decide on their order of introduction. Smaller, more timid fish go in first, bigger more boisterous fish go in last.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Back