Need Help (suggestions, ideas, or random thoughts)

mjkn2

I am considering buying a 120 gal 48x24x24 this week. I can get the tank(drilled), stand (oak), and glass tops all for $465.

Anyone have any comments on the 4ft 120 gallon tank?

Also I can get it predrilled but wondered if that was best or if I should try to have someone do it for me.

Any suggestions for a setup would be nice as well. I am purchasing the tank with the intention of investing in everything else (lights, skimmer, etc.) at a later time. I don't plan on setting up the tank for a little while yet.

Anythoughts would be great.

I just wanted to get some feedback before I buy it and have invested in something that I might regret.

Drilled is good

Proportion is good.

Size just depends on what you want and what space it's
going in.

(Oh, and if it can get there.)

Oh, and price.

Don't know going prices. Guess it doesn't sound bad
including the stand.

Just check around.

Is this new or used?
(just thinking if you're being sales-pressured into the purchase,
there's always other tanks to come)

Just another thought, is the the size tank you want to end up with?

I like the look of 120's. The only drawback I see is swimming space for large active fish. Not that any of our tanks are big enough.....

I have wanted the this tank for a while and this is the best deal that I found.

Yes it is new.

Thanks guys for your help. I will keep you posted.

If you can get it drilled and all for that price with stand, then thats a damn good deal IMO. I spent more than that on my 75 pre-drilled from AGA with overflow, stand, canopy. I think I spent ~$600.

Oh and ditch the glass tops...waste of money really and they just block light and gas exchange and also make your water run warmer.

Sounds like a good deal. Pre drilled is the way to go. I had mine drilled but it is not tempered. I payed 300 for mine with a sump used.

I like the shape of the 48"120gal. The 24"depth will be great for aquascaping. I have one ordered myself.

Back