Need ID, Spider in tank out of nowhere!

I did not get in this hobby to raise spiders... specially under water spiders..

OP, time to burn your house down and take a picture.. instant internet celebrity

That looks terestrial to me as well. I had a 4" fishing spider in my sump. I know that they can encase their mouths in a bubble and stay submerged for something like 10 minutes. Freaky things. I reached in to grab some chaeto that went over a baffle and some of the chaeto started crawling up my hand. I put it in a rubbermaid sandwhich container and the tips of the legs could touch on all sides. I don't think they are used to salt water but maybe it wont hurt them. How long was it submerged?

That's wild, new to me! I love spiders, woulda kept him in my fuge lol I wish one of my tarantulas was safe to keep in a salt tank!

I love terrestrial spiders. My rule is that if it is smaller than my hand, it is allowed to stay in my house.

That thing? KILL IT WITH FIIIREEEEEE.

Need ID, Spider in tank out of nowhere!

I am not so glad. That could be in a museum or public aquarium since little is known about them.
Well, now it is too late.

Last edited:
Why all the hatred towards spiders? I absolutely love them and study them. All are allowed in my house, and pretty much only move the large wood spiders outdoors. Its the ticks and mosquitos I hate!!! Spiders don't carry disease around my parts, the little mosquitos and ticks are deadly here in CT.

Why all the hatred towards spiders? I absolutely love them and study them. All are allowed in my house, and pretty much only move the large wood spiders outdoors. Its the ticks and mosquitos I hate!!! Spiders don't carry disease around my parts, the little mosquitos and ticks are deadly here in CT.

Cause there gross. I'll go find all the spiders in my house and bring them to you.

Ticks and mosquitos have evolved to track us down by heat signatures or the carbon monoxide we breathe out. The spiders have evolved to co-exist with humans, and seek out these human parasites.

Save a spider, save a life!

Where are you located? Where did you get the rock from? Do not release the spider, you don't want to introduce an alien specie into your native fauna. Donate it to your local aquarium/zoo/museum/university/school.

Or, you know, kill it with extreme prejudice.

I was reading about the coral dip Coral Rx online today,
And it said, Kills zoanthid eating spiders!!!
So they ARE out there.
:)

Back