Need Ideas for Beneficial Reef Fishes

Your tank needs to run for a couple months before adding fish. Maybe add some cuc's, check your parameters, and make sure everything is stable.

+1 on the lawn mower blenny as they do help eat the algae on the glass and the nuisance algaes on the rocks. They may look not as pretty but they can be cute at what they do in a weird way haha

I love my lawnmower Blennie.
I think I may add a six line wrasse to my 29g that has a mean clownfish in it, it gets old having own fish attack you every time your hand touches the water & maybe the six line will eat some worms.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I will take the advice on the carbon.

I decided to go with no fish. Just got my 2 cleaner shrimps. Next purchase will be for a bunch of astrea snails. I'll probably just buy 1 astrea snail every time I see my LFS. It shouldn't take long before I have an over abundance of snails :p

Do you guys recommend any other critters that require no care and eat algae? Mexican turbo snails might take up too much space when it grows large. The only care I do now is daily checks to see if my astrea snail is flipped upside down and unable to get back on its feet.

Back