need mh in a hurry

nickyblase

This is a long shot, but I am in need of a 2x175 or 2x250 for my 38g. My ballast caught fire today!!!

Don't ask - I did the worst possible thing and bought without doing research on the brand. Of course it came back and bit me in the a$$ - no warranty, no nothing.

I will buy online if I have to, but if I can get it local I'd of course prefer it (and won't have to wait for shipping).

Does anyone have anything?

TIA.

Are you looking for a pendant, a complete over the tank system,
or retrofit system. New or used? Just the ballast?
Is this your tank and does it have a center brace.
38 Gallon 36x12x20

The only stores I know that have metal halide systems in stock
usually are Little Shop of Pets, Portsmouth NH, Aqua addicts,
Salem NH, and Aquarium Gallery Hudson NH. Most will not have
a retrofit system. Most halide systems are ordered through stores.
A retro system will be hard to find. Skiptons Boston may have one.
If you are looking at replacing the ballast, I like PFO all aluminum
and very reliable. Giesemann make a nice pendant. Some models buzz but that can be fixed. What type of connectors on your current setup. Maybe we could find a temp ballast until you could order yours.

http://www.pfolighting.com/AqBallasts.aspx

I had a magnetic ballast meltdown after it was about 20 years old. This was quickly fixed by going down to standard electric on marginal way in portland and buying a new ballast. My 175W was an M57 ballast. Pretty easy to wire, especially if the wires are not too fried. I like magnetic ballasts for this replacability reason. Was it a magnetic ballast, if so you can probably replace the ballast this way for ~$50 per ballast. PM me if you have questions and I'd be happy to try and talk you through the process some evening.

Since mine was also a 2x175W system I have a single, really old, but working ballast around somewhere.

Not sure of the length but I still have a Hamilton 4' available, 2 250 MH and 2 110 VHO

Good luck
Denise

Back