Need to mount light socket under stand.

Grimreaperz

Okay so I have purchased and Par38 Light bulb off amazon. Here is the link

9W E27 PAR38 LED Full Spectrum Coral Reef Plant Grow Light Fish Tank Aquarium https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LAMXJI6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZybkybFVM8ZVF

It just going over a Fuge and may be a place to put frags after being cut.

I would like to know the best way to mount an E27 socket under my stand....my powerbars are also mounted under my stand. Sorry my electrical knowledge is lacking lol...give me a PC and that's a different story lol...

It is as simple as buying (forgive me if I'm using wrong lingo)
Open ended socket....mount it....attach an extension cord to the connectors and good to go?

Are can you buy light sockets that are already attached to plugs most the ones I saw at Home Depot were just sockets no wires or cords attached. So I am assuming I would need to either use a special type of wire/cord or just cut a good quality extension cable?

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Make sure you have something to stop it falling the water if the clamp lets go. I would prefer something that is better secured then a clamp. At the least use some zip ties to hold it if out of the water it falls

Make sure you have something to stop it falling the water if the clamp lets go. I would prefer something that is better secured then a clamp. At the least use some zip ties to hold it if out of the water it falls
+1 yeah I was already thinking of this as well. I will be picking it up tomorrow and see what I can do.

I bought a two prong extension cord and chopped the end off of it and screwed it to the two lugs on the back of the light fixture.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I bought a two prong extension cord and chopped the end off of it and screwed it to the two lugs on the back of the light fixture.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Yeah that's what i figured. I may need to go that route. Or try and get that clamp lamp shipped.

Back