Never seen Zoanthids.

jason78

Has anyone ever. Seen white on white? Meaning white skirt and white body/mouth?

If not I shall call it whitey or casper or albino

Collected it today. Will post pics tomorrow.

This was taken under 20k radiums with two blue+ and two coral+ bulbs.

But they are really white. With this photo I did zero photo shop.

Way to deliver on pics! Interesting look, white polyps, white skirts, embedded in white mat. What part of the world do these come from?

Those are interesting, the centers look a bit more lavender than white though. Perhaps it's just the photo, nice looking zoas regardless.

LOL not bleached they were just taken from natural environment. Next to many colorful ones.

A lot of things can be bleached in their natural environment, I think once these sit in your tank for a few weeks they'll look very different. If you can get a picture with the flash on or less blue it'll be easier to get an idea of what they'll color up like.

I bought a piece of live rock years back covered in white zoas...after a few weeks they coloured up brown...let's see what happens here.

Okinawa Japan

Cool zoas... post some updates that would be cool if they held that white light purple color.

But I'm wondering how sure you are they are from Japan? Almost all zoas that are said to come from Japan are actually from Vietnam.

its legal there to take a big colony and live rock? Then again, look at how the laws treat dolphin and whales... nevermind:spin2:

Very very cool If your interested in selling some im interested in buying please keep me in mind if u ever frag or dive and want to make a few bucks

I thought you can't ship that outta Japan due to CITES. since those polyps are the encrusting type which would prove hard to remove from the rock they're on?

Back