New 225 Setup with Aquascaping Focus

great start.......as the king said...will look great once the spaces start filling in. Good to see another island tank.

will be tagging along.......good luck

how many years do you give the mangrove till it gets too big? i say you start a large laggon in the fish room dedicated to the mangrove! looks cool so far

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8023578#post8023578 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vanmo92
Beautiful. I bet you will win TOTM soon.

Thanks to all for the compliments. I think I have a long way to go to ever equal any TOTM's though.

I recieved my Marine Technical Concepts "Pro-240 Ozone Reactor" today.

It is pretty intense!

Basically, the idea is to get a much longer ozone contact time with the water than a standard protien skimmer by using a combination of Air and Water pressure. The two smaller containers are carbon filters for the return water and return air.

Ill post either a video or more pics of it in operation as I have personally never seen anything quite like it.

IMG_1479Large.jpg

Really interested in seeing what you think about this reactor. Seems quite difficult to locate O3 reactors anymore and I am looking at this one for possible purchase. let me know what you think when you get it hooked up please.

Bryan

Bryan,

I REALLY like the reactor now that it is hooked up. Very good workmanship as well.

IMG_1480.jpg

The way this works is that the reactor is kept at a constant pressure of 2 to 5 PSI and is basically dripped down the media which appears to be a shaved plastic of some sort. Could be PVC for sure. Here is a closeup. You can see the Ozone being injected into the top chamber where all the bubbles are.

IMG_1489Large.jpg

What happens is the water starts to run into the container and the Ozone is pumped in until it reaches about 5 PSI, then the water is flushed out and through a chamber (the larger on on the far left of the pics in my previous post) that holds carbon and back into the tank. The air then gets jetted out into the Carbon Air filter (The thin one in the middle of the pictures in my previous post). I am sure you know this but you have to run the air through carbon to remove the ozone from getting into our breathing air :)

Not only does the pressure increase the efficency of the Ozone but the contact time is MUCH longer than a standard skimmer.

I was listening to an article on Talking Reef about contact time of ozone to be REALLY effective and they said it needed to be much longer that what a standard skimmer gives you. This reactor solves the problem.

2 thumbs up :)

Last edited:
hi.nice tank. I have 92gln and I am planning to change it to 150gln but I don't know how. Can You advice me how should I add extra water(100gln) to it? and any info or tips Please.
thanks
ben

Hi andrewsk

Wow that is interesting. So the reactor kinda fills and then "flushes" to the smaller container and then empties to the sump and starts refilling again? How long does the process take for it to fill and then flush? Sounds interesting and I thank you for the info

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8094007#post8094007 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fantastic4
andrewsk, very nice. How do you get the bottom white cutting board cut just right for the tank?

Thanks!

I ordered the boards from The Cutting Board Company online. Great People. You can even order it cut on an angle so it does not interfere with the silicone on the bottom of the tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8094089#post8094089 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bspete
Hi andrewsk

Wow that is interesting. So the reactor kinda fills and then "flushes" to the smaller container and then empties to the sump and starts refilling again? How long does the process take for it to fill and then flush? Sounds interesting and I thank you for the info

Yes that is pretty much correct, though some water is draining all of the time. The speed of the release is based on your air pump.

If the pump is powerful enough, it kind of hovers at the perfect pressure and fills and releases within a few seconds.

Perhaps ill try to make a video this weekend.

By far the best purchase I have made for my system :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8093743#post8093743 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Behroz
hi.nice tank. I have 92gln and I am planning to change it to 150gln but I don't know how. Can You advice me how should I add extra water(100gln) to it? and any info or tips Please.
thanks
ben

Sorry your post has me lost. Are you swapping out tanks?

I guess the best bet would be to get the other tank up and running as completely as possible first, then start moving over, but without a list of ALL your equipment and livestock it would be guesswork :)

hi thanks agin .i live in hull ottawa . iam not good witht chaat]] witby compuiter .please if i had your phone i can call you for info and hlep .tanks so much

Back