New Fish Suggestions for my FOWLR Tanks

marin8n

I have two established FOWLR tanks and plan on adding a few fish over the next couple months. Looking for some feedback or suggestions.

Here is the current occupants of the tanks and the sizes of the fish. I have listed them in the order in which they were introduced to the tank. The 300G tank was stocked with mostly juvenile fish over a period of about 18 months and all fish get along very well. As they say...go slow in this hobby.

Tank 1 - 300DD
Foxface - 7"
Aus Harlequin Tusk - 7"
Yellow Eye Kole Tang - 4"
Purple Tang - 5"
Regal Tang - 6"
Porcupine Puffer - 8"
Flame Angel - 3"
Emperor Angel - 8"
Green Bird Wrasse - 6"
Blue Throat Trigger - 6"
Humu Humu Trigger - 5"

I am considering adding:
Larger clownfish (maroon?)
Another large angel (juvenile)
Acanthurus Tang (Achilles or Powder)
Hawaiian Black Trigger
School of smaller fish (damsels?)

Tank 2:
Purple Firefish - 3"
Ocellaris Clownfish Pair - 2" and 3"

I am considering adding:
Lawnmower blenny (to keep up with algae)
Dwarf Angel (Eibli or Lemonpeel?)

Looking for additional suggestions I may have not considered or feedback on what I am already considering.

Thanks in advance!

That's a lot of tangs in one tank I see you said they get along but man that's scary imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a lot of tangs in one tank I see you said they get along but man that's scary imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 3 tangs at the moment... Even the purple plays nice - the triggers and Emperor keep everyone in check.

Crosshatch trigger and sargassum maybe... Some kind of dogface puffer.. My 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love the Crosshatch triggers but they are quite $$$. Concerns with the existing Bluethroat in the same genus? Sargassum doesn't do much for me. Thanks for the suggestions!!

I have bluethroat, crosshatch and that new linespot trigger in 265 and getting along great.. Sargussum is kind of plain

I have bluethroat, crosshatch and that new linespot trigger in 265 and getting along great.. Sargussum is kind of plain

Those are a couple of pricey triggers! Dogface is a good suggestion as well. I have read that they get along fine with porc puffers since they are so different.

So a visit to a respected LFS provided the suggestion of a small school of Square Anthias - recommended 3 female to 1 male. They also suggested that a Achilles tang would be too sensitive for that tank (although they had a beautiful one in their quarantine system). They also recommended a Naso tang and had a nice one as well.

Any thoughts on the Anthias? I don't know much about them or have any experience with them.

I love Anthias. Just keep in mind that they need multiple feedings per day. If they're eating pellets, then autofeeder works well. The harem is a good idea, IME, with Ignitus and Bartletts, more often than not, the females turn into males. So, they will behave a bit different once that happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick update - decided to go with a Royal Gramma and Lawnmower blenny for the 28G tank. Once they are thru TTM and QT I will decide on what's going into the 300. Right now I'm leaning Naso (Blonde?), Blood Orange Clown, and a harem of Square Anthias.

Forgot how weird the Royal Gramma can be. Very skiddish in QT, but hopefully he will be fine once he goes into the DT.

Finally pulled the trigger on some new additions to the 300. Had to pull the Harlequin tusk out a few months after the Emperor (8") beat him up pretty bad. (He's healed up now but I'm hesitant to add him back in).

Managed to get the Emperor out and will keep him out until these new additions get settled in. Some new rock arrangements coming as well.

Right now in first tank transfer:
Naso Tang - approx 6-7"
Niger Trigger - approx 4.5"

Arriving Wednesday from BZ:
Square Anthias, 3F +1M, large 3.5-5.5"

Once TTM is complete all will go into my QT for 30 day observation then into the big tank. Emperor is not happy in his 30G "timeout" tank but I'm hoping if he is the last added back in he will cool out a bit.

Back