New Green Carpet!

kentrob11

Premium Member
I picked this up the other day and am loving it so far. It's in a big kiddy pool in a spare bedroom at the moment with the rest of my stuff waiting on me finishing rebuild the stand and canopy. Do you guys think I'll have any issues getting a pair of ocellaris clowns to adopt this thing?- This photo was not touched up in any way...It really is this screaming green!

8543image100.jpg

Personally, I've never gotten ocellaris to host in carpets. Other species of clowns seem to like it just fine though.

Is it attached to the rocks? Looks great. I have kept several Haddoni's over the years and most of my percs became meals for them. Saddlebacks will pretty much nosedive into them FME.

Nah- there aren't any in the pool with the anemone at the moment. Saddlebacks are nice but I think my second choice would be orange or pink skunks...any opinions on which of those two I should get?

Ocellaris are hosted by a couple of different Carpet species in the wild,,,,, even with captive-bred fish you should have a good chance,,, especially if you put them in the pool with the anemone now,, let them get acquainted.

Maroons do not associate with any Carpet anemone in the wild,, though it is possible they may take to one in captivity,, do not even think about mixing maroons with another clown species as suggested above,, even in a 240 that's asking for trouble.

I had real good luck with a group of pink skunks in my Haddoni,,, but I much prefer the colors and activity of Ocellaris,,,, skunks are shy and skittish in comparison, and much less likely to spawn in an aquarium.

I guess I could put them in while they are in the pool and if they don't take to it within the few weeks before I transfer back to the main tank, I'll replace them with a pair of skunks...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7540425#post7540425 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Juck
Ocellaris are hosted by a couple of different Carpet species in the wild,,,,, even with captive-bred fish you should have a good chance,,, especially if you put them in the pool with the anemone now,, let them get acquainted.

Maroons do not associate with any Carpet anemone in the wild,, though it is possible they may take to one in captivity,, do not even think about mixing maroons with another clown species as suggested above,, even in a 240 that's asking for trouble.

I had real good luck with a group of pink skunks in my Haddoni,,, but I much prefer the colors and activity of Ocellaris,,,, skunks are shy and skittish in comparison, and much less likely to spawn in an aquarium.

I didn't suggest to get those just throwing out a possibility Juck.:thumbsup:

Back