New green Haddoni.

matty0206

I have always wanted a carpet but never wanted to buy one only to have it die. A few weeks ago a local reefer put this one up for trade and I was able to get this well acclimated nem. He had it for 2 years and bought it from an established tank where the owner had it for a while. I figure it's length of time in captivity and continued good health gave me about the best chance I would have of success. When I brought it home I had to peel it off the bag and when I added it, it's foot was attached under the rock within 20 minutes. It is very sticky which I'm assuming is a good thing. Here is a pic from a short while after adding it to the tank:

2013-03-25143920_zpsac3afe63.jpg

Any advice would be awesome. I have 2 BTA's and 3 mini carpets now but this guy is a whole different thing. I'm stoked!

Thank you.

Should I feed this guy? I don't really feed my Bta's or mini's but I noticed when I fed my tank rod's yesterday the carpet had quite the feeding response:

DSCN0999_zpsb5af37d3.jpg

I'm assuming the rolled out mouth is a feeding response? My mini's seem to do this too when I feed the tank.

Yes mine do this also when I feed. As with most nems the more you feed the more they grow, to a point that is:) otherwise they would overtake the whole tanks LOL

Yes mine do this also when I feed. As with most nems the more you feed the more they grow, to a point that is:) otherwise they would overtake the whole tanks LOL

Yeah this thing is already huge! I will be upgrading to a 90g at some point this year so available space should not be an issue for long.

On a side note, I noticed this morning just how efficient at trapping prey these guys are. My cleaner shrimp laid an antenna on it and had to flap backwards for it's life to get away. :eek1:

Thought I would update this thread as the anemone is doing great! He is huge and I might need that larger tank sooner than later. Here are a couple of pics I took today.

Back