New Hydor pump

The Tunze controller will not be able to control these units. They are standard AC motors that plug into the wall.

Jim

If they can not handle on /off from a timer and the tunze nano 6025 can........... then perhaps they are not as durable as tunze's. We shall see.

ok i have some news for ya on these big pumps.
notice i did not say little pump. I have a source that is workng directly with hydor, hence they already have these pumps, not for sale, just to see how "they" like them.

CONS: pumps are very large vs. gph pumped, they all rattle on start up banging against the stopper a half dozen times. are very large. mounting mechanism lacks in compactness, protrudes into the tank a good bit. shroud is extremely large for size of the prop. Are 120v so they wont work on tunze multi controller. would have been great to make then dc pumps, then a good speed controller could be made.

PROS: good low electrical draw for whats used. nice wide flow pattern. mag mount & internal suction cup, so if the outside mag falls off the pump doesnt instanly fall. dead silent once spinning proper way.

ok thats all i can think of off the top of my head, will have to observe more when i go back my company X's shop today or tomorrow.

Hydor also has a NW pump that they are making, looks kinda interesting.

Tim
Tim

if you get a chance to take alook at them again, could you get some specs on the size, as i think that will be the biggest issue for most people (unless running on/off with timer, then sometimes rattle noise annoys people..).

i think i saw a pic of the tunze nanostream pic with a coke can as a comparison, maybe doing a pic like that to get a sense of the diameter/size would be cool if you can't get specs.

thanks again for the info. any sense on when it will be actually released and if there is beta testing being done nationwide?

the one i saw, i think was the smallest version and it was about the size of a coke can, maybe a tiny bit smaller, but it is also egg-shaped. the bigger model, of course, are larger too

Tim

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8821872#post8821872 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Malifluous
Does the "subscribe to this thread" function work? I get emails about new responses so I can read about " tag"

No doubt!! What is the meaning of "tag"? Why do people do this? If you don't have anything to add to the thread, then don't!

Anyone know if water flows through the magnet, like on a tunze? How will they compare for calcium deposits? How does the MJ mods compare to the tunze?

IME calcium deposits occur faster on my tunze's than any of my other pumps. Kind of a drawback IMO.

This is an exellent development!:)

don't understand its use.... so they "tag" along...

I don't understand the use of "tag along"

I suspect that people do this so that they can 'search' under their name and find the thread again, but if you have nothing to add to the thread, then why do you care.

My point is.... think of something interesting to add to the thread, or, think of a way to find it again. I could be wrong, but this thread will prob be popular, and easy to find. If not, go ahead and fill up your email account.

OK enough ranting....:D

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

i dont think that the water flows through the mag. i would say that the mj mods require DIY'ing something, but you get more flow and have to DIY a mounting method. these pumps work out of the box and mount nicely, just a little bulky on the mount.

Tim

Back