New LFS Finder GoogleMaps Mashup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedromatic

FMAS Webmaster
Premium Member
Take a peek at our new LFS finder GoogleMaps mashup. You can find an LFS on the map or use the search function to find one by name or address. I created it using the GoogleMaps API, using data from a database I created to replace the LFS Spreadsheet. Let me know what you think. Wheeeeeee.... no more Excel!

FMAS LFS Finder

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11689592#post11689592 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gasman059
YES great great work Pedrito. Fidel would be proud of u!

[profanity], what a compliment?! Proud enough to drop dead, I hope. :mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like it alot! Just a FYI, atlantis aquarium is not there anymore. i've heard that they moved but not sure if they just closed doors.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11689686#post11689686 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by carlosngloria
i think itz good but only one thing, theres no phone numbers

I was still working on it. Now there are phone numbers, suite numbers (where applicable), store hours (when provided), and links to websites (if any).

Keep the feedback coming. If stores need to be added, removed or there is missing or inaccurate info, please provide it if you can.

I love it. My only suggestion would be to separate dade and broward. Or list the town next to the name. Really a awesome idea.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11691487#post11691487 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ninjamini
I love it. My only suggestion would be to separate dade and broward. Or list the town next to the name. Really a awesome idea.

Actually, as you mouse over the name of the store, it shows the city. I did it this way since space is a bit limited. We could also have a drop down to filter the results by county, by city. Thanks for the feedback.

Awesome work Pedro! Definitely a great boost that our website needed...looking forward to more improvements in the future!

garys is gone btw
your missing pets unlimited
your missing crazy about pets
looks like oyu used the first list to make this look for hte updated list on page 3 or somthing

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11692246#post11692246 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by A.T.T.R
garys is gone btw
your missing pets unlimited
your missing crazy about pets
looks like oyu used the first list to make this look for hte updated list on page 3 or somthing

That's the problem with file-based "databases". You never know if you have the most current one. The LFS Finder fixes this, one source.

Thanks, I've adding the missing entries and removed Gary's. I also added Living Reef Aquariums on Dixie in Oakland Park. Jose has a very nice selection of corals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back