New Members and Introductions

Getting ready to do a rebuild on my 300 gal Reef tank. I took in down 18 months ago to do a house remodel. I want to set it up a little different and better this time around so I will have plenty of questions.

I am glad I found this club and look forword to meeting fellow reefers
Mark

Welcome to the club Mark! Im looking forward to seeig your build and helping in any way i can. There are a lot of knowledgeable people in NVR so ask away!

Bryan

Welcome Mark :) Good thing about setting it up again is you can redo all those "wish I woulda..." things you can't while its up and running. Feel free to post away and get some input on the new setup!

Brian

Mark - Once, I made it nearly 6months without some form of reef tank...18 months must be the record. Also looking forward to your build thread especially for a large tank like a 300. Keep us posted and welcome to the board/club. Scott

Hi , im Mike I bought my brother a tank a few months ago .. do we fill them with fish or heroin ? This is the upgrade from the original 55.

DSC_1388.jpg

Mark - Once, I made it nearly 6months without some form of reef tank...18 months must be the record. Also looking forward to your build thread especially for a large tank like a 300. Keep us posted and welcome to the board/club. Scott

I will post some pictures of what my tank looked like in it's glory days. Will be out of town for a few days and my pictures are on my computer. Typing this from my iPhone

I supose you could call it a combined effort really he wanted a tank , I told him it would be a ton of work ... I now do the bulk of the work and have spent wayy too much money on this and yet .. .. im always lookin for somthing new to buy >,< That tank there is the upgrade from a 55 , I think its pretty much full at this point just need to sit back and watch it grow :) , Now i need to get rid of the 55 lol its got some rock a small picaso trigger / snowflake eel and a pair of 6 lines in it along with like 5 random corals - palys , kenyas , GSP stuff like that. We also have a 20 gallon long with a few crabs a peacock mantis and small damsel. There are a few pics in the mantis forum ( whole reason i joined this site lol then i noticed your forums , ha )

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1728543

Last edited:
Hello Fellow Reefers

Hello Fellow Reefers

I moved to the area about 3 months ago from Fresno and have been lurking for some time. I have had a nano-reef for over 3 years and am starting to get into sps but the move did not go so well and I lost some of my best pieces such as my acans, plate coral and yellow ricoridias but the bright side is I have been slowly adding new corals since. I look forward to meeting local reefers. Here is a before my move and after the move shot of my tank.

FTS_6_20_09.jpg

FTS11-16-09.jpg

Welcome Jeff. Also sorry to hear your nano got stressed in the move, but looks like the tank is coming back. I too had a nano and loved it. Water changes were EASY. There are a number of official NVR events/meetings as well as unofficial fun trips to LFS, tank tours, etc. Maybe we'll see you at one...

Scott

Finally getting serious

Finally getting serious

My name is Chris. I have been toying with salt water aquariums for 5-6 years mostly FOWLR. I have tried some corals but with very limited success. I have done some inverts as well. My favorite tank was by far my 72 gal that was a predator tank( Huge lion fish, snowflake eel, puffer, and trigger).In my hayday I had a 178 gal, the 72 gal and a 35 gallon in a 2 bedroom apt. but when I moved I only had room for the 178. then I moved again and had no room for that big of a tank so I traded for a 55 that has been very sparse (AKA 3 fish and 30 lbs rock) I finally decided to get serious yesterday and upgraded to a 110 complete with new t-5 lighting and a new filter set up. hoping to start populating with some inverts and some corals. I am sure I will screw it up a few times along the way (I always do) but my wife and I are looking forward to a long fun journey. Thanks in advance for all the help I am sure I will get and I am looking forward to meeting all of the NV reefers.

Chris

Welcome to RC and to the NVR forum! Any pics of your 110G setup thus far? Sounds like your fifth setup and I'm sure given all that you have learned thus far that the build out will go fine. What do you plan to keep in your 110G?

Scott

right now it isn,t much to look at just about 80 lbs of rock some live some just regular fish tank rock for filler and a few fish oh yeah and 1 mushroom colony. will post some as it goes. nt sure what to keep exactly like I said I am new to corals so I need to do a little research.

newbie from stockton!

newbie from stockton!

Hello all, my name is Adan and i am new to this forum and new to salt water aquariums. ive spent some time doing some research and ive had my 55gal FOWLR set up for 2 weeks. its only got about 15 lbs of live rock right now (plan on adding more) some crushed coral and some lava rock.

i am from stockton CA and i just recently heard about the NVR. actually i heard about it last night from a guy i bought a light fixture from.

my plans for now are just to have a FOWLR set up and well established for a some time while i can do more research and prepare myself for corals..

ive seen some Beautiful tanks set up and that what im aiming for. i bought this 55 gal so i can get some experience with salt water under my belt but hopefully once i feel comfortable enough ill move up to a 180 gal.

like i said i am a newbie, so i know pretty much nothing of the types of corals :rolleyes:, but i am eager to learn!

the one piece of advise i get from everyone is not to rush things. and i cant lie, i am impulsive and i cant wait!!! but i will.

i would love to become a member of the NVR, but i dont know how? and i dont know if i can because i have no knowledge of corals or anything. :sad2:

my sisters boyfriend is getting ready to set up his 180 gal so we are both addicted to this right now. he helps me out and i help him out. so he would like to become a member as well. what to do?

any advise is apreciated.. thank you !!

I moved to the area about 3 months ago from Fresno and have been lurking for some time. I have had a nano-reef for over 3 years and am starting to get into sps but the move did not go so well and I lost some of my best pieces such as my acans, plate coral and yellow ricoridias but the bright side is I have been slowly adding new corals since. I look forward to meeting local reefers. Here is a before my move and after the move shot of my tank.

FTS_6_20_09.jpg

FTS11-16-09.jpg

Beautiful nano. I have a new appreciation for soft corals, when they grow out they really do make for beautiful tanks. Welcome to the club.

Back