New Members and Introductions

Patrick I work in Modesto Mon-Fri. If you ever need some help, advice or some corals I might be kicking down let me know. Hope you can make it out to Kalypso tomorrow. It'll be nice to finally put a face to the name.

Hi I'm Daniel, i barely found out about NVR. I had been looking for something like this near to where I live, Modesto. I have been in the hobby for a little past a year, and i love it. I started out with a 10g and now I have a 50g and recently installed a sump. I hope to learn from all you guys and to help wherever and whenever i can.

Hello Daniel! Welcome to NVR. Seems like there are a lot of Modesto area people now. Good stuff! How about a little more info on your tank? I just love hearing about other peoples tanks. If you have any questions go ahead and just ask. :thumbsup:

Thank you guys.
Well i have a few kinds of zoas and mushrooms. Like two kinds of star polyps which i don't know one, some moon polyps. The most recent is a small greenish bubble coral and a montipora frag.
Live stock is 1 tomato clown, 1 false Ocellaris clown, 1 blue damsel, 1 pink wrasse (the name i don't know and haven't been able to identify), 1 small engineer goby, and my most recent addition is an orange shoulder tang. (Juvenile)
All with some 30+ lbs of live rock and 30 lbs of sand.

Can't wait to see some pics of your tank Daniel. Are you into photography? We had a thread before on local photography...let me dig it up.

Hello all,

I'm Harley, I've had a tank for about 3 years, a 30 gallon long, and now a 29g biocube, I love it and would l like to eventually move up to a 55 or larger.

I currently live in Sacramento.

Nice to meet you Harley. What part of Sacramento do you live near? Also what type of fish or coral do you have in your tanks? Welcome to NVR :)

Welcome all. Don't forget to post pictures of your current setups (or drawings of what you plan to setup) to share with the rest of us. Don't worry about feedback as we were all newbies at onetime and many of us 'experienced' reefers have already made most of the mistakes you can make in reefkeeping plus more and can share our pain er experiences with you.

If the image is small enough you can attach to the email (really small) or setup a free account with a image hosting site like photobucket then copy paste the '...[\img\' take with image to your post.

Scott

Welcome Harley. Post some pics of your tank. And if you do upgrade go wider trust me you will be happier

Hi Everyone :wavehand:

I met Jeff209 this evening (after seeing him several of times at Elliots) he said to come over here and say Hi.
My name is Donna. Many years ago, I ran a salt tank, my have things have changed! :spin1: What started me back into SW was my little 6 gal Nano, which led to needing a 10gal QT tank, which turned into another tank. Then wanting something a bit bigger. LOL I kept looking over at my 55 FW.... No.... I can't do that. I love them too. So, now I'm currently working on my 90 bow front. Pleasseeee tell me that this addiction stops and doesn't lead to bigger tank. :lmao:

I would love for my tank to grow up like what I have seen here. :)

Last edited:
Welcome Donna :wavehand:
Glad you could join us. A 90 gallon is a good size tank but you will rub out of room soon and want something bigger :lmao: Feel free to ask as many question as you can come up with. We will do are best to help you out.:thumbsup:

Welcome Donna,

Wow! There are sure quite a lot of Lodi people :) good stuff! If you have any questions just go ahead and ask. Jeff is a great guy and is always willing to help. Glad he led you to the forum. Keep an eye out here cause we have some exciting things about to roll out in 2011.

Hello my name is Sean
I live in Tracy and have been a reefer for 6 years. My current setup is a 100 gallon peninsula tank with a 20 gallon sump and 20 gallon refugium. The tank has been running for about 3 years and right now is in a recovery stage.

I have been out of the area for much part of the past 2 years. Unfortunately apartments don't like 100 gallon reef tanks so it had to stay home. For that time my parents had been caring for the tank and I performed maintenance when I could which was not often. Most recently I was in Southern California and the entire care of the tank was up to my Dad. He couldn't quite manage keeping the skimmer operational, one time he somehow ended up plugging the pump intake into the skimmer. Somehow he didn't quite understand "you see those white bubbles inside the skimmer, that means its working."

Needless to say pretty much every invertebrate in my tank was gone, but the fish were doing well. Over the past month I have been recuperating the tank and things are looking much better. I added a full new clean up crew, performed tons of water changes, added a new refugium and removed the old undersized one, and my water parameters are looking much better.

I have been a member of CVR for 6 years and went to a NVR meeting a few years ago with Anthony from Manteca, who has since had to get out of the hobby. I am only just now joining NVR because back when I got into the hobby I found myself spending far too much time on the internet obsessed with reef keeping, and I needed to rein it in.

I am a college student. I will be attending CSU Stanislaus next semester. I have a bachelor's degree in aviation from SJSU, and a private pilots license, but I no longer want to be a professional pilot. I am working on becoming a college professor.

Sean! I'm glad you found us here at NVR! :) Hope you can possibly make some of our upcoming meetings. I'll shoot you a call in a little while. Just been busy here at work. Take care brotha! Oh yea...some pics of your tank would be sweet! ;) Our own Mr. Phi attends CSU Stan...might want to network with him some. He's an ultra cool dude!

Welcome Sean! Whenever you're in Turlock for class, shoot me a PM and you can come over to check out my tank. I live about a mile away from campus.

So here I am--My name is Eric and I've been addicted to salt water ever since I August. I put up my first nano reef on 9/26/10
Dimensions - 16" L x 8" W x 19" H and just upgraded to a 29 Biocube! And also I just picked up the new Fluval spec this christmas! Just glad to be here.

Back