New peacock Acclimation

Guygettnby

ok so i went out today and found myself a new peacock... it was very active at the store and wwas even eating a snail why i was there. so i buy it, take it home and acclimate it for about an hour.

he is now laying on his side or with his head in the sand as soon as i dropped him in the tank. every other mantis i have had never did this unless they were about to die. should i be worried and take this back to the fish store or just turn the lights off and hope he does fine.

i really dont want to loose $75 if he dies on me. he still move around and and flips from his side to his back and then sits up for a bit with his head in the sand....

man, why is it after alomst 6 months of searching for a new peacock does this start to happen......GRRRR... ok dont ranting.

What is the temp and salinity of your tank? How many gallon and does the peacock have a place to hide?
Make sure the lights are off.

you're freaking me out now, my peacock is acting like that, head in sand and clumsy, but he's also about to molt. mine just hid the second i put him in the tank, i definitely wouldn't take him out that would really stress him out, lights off and wait.

my tank parameters are all good... and there are plenty of places for him to hide. as soon as i dropped him in the tank he instantly went to the bottom and just layed there. right now he is curled into a ball in one of the corners and not moving. he is still breathing though.

the last peacock i had did the same thing right before it died. i had that one for about 6 months and then out of the blue it started doing it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12274285#post12274285 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sabazerehi
you're freaking me out now, my peacock is acting like that, head in sand and clumsy, but he's also about to molt. mine just hid the second i put him in the tank, i definitely wouldn't take him out that would really stress him out, lights off and wait.

ok well the peacock is dead now. went to go check on him and noticed there was no movement at all any more. lights have been off all day and all yesterday.

worst part about it is the store i bought it from will not replace him beacuse they dont warrenty inverts..... so a word to the wise, dont ever buy inverts from Exotic Aquatics in MD. i could understand if this was like a $5-10 crab but when you pay almost $100 for something it shouldnt die in less then 24 hours and if it does you should at least try to help that customers out.

Back