new ritteri/mag

jon1985

Hello all

I picked up a new nem over the weekend because it looked good. It has been in the store for several weeks, eating, mouth closed and sticky. Anyways I got it home and in my tank and its not moving or deflating but the mouth is open and looking kind of questionable (no pic due to no camera, sorry).

My question is, I have cipro a tank and a second light so I could start treatment, or should I give him a few more days to settle in?

Thoughts?

I managed to get an ok picture with my phone. It isn't deflated, and it hasn't moved from where I put it on saturday but you can see the mouth looks weird. I have the cipro so I can treat it, but Id rather not stress it out more if I don't need to.

Attachments

• ritteri.jpg
    ritteri.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I fed him a very small amount of mysis today and it ate it and now the mouth is closed more tightly. Not as tight as I would expect when its happy but certainly better then it was.

New in a tank with open mouth is not really a problem. I would watch him and treat if he does not get better in a day or two.
I treat if he deflates, or if he progress backward (worst than the day before)

thats what I sort of thought in the store, but it has a purple base and as far as I know sebaes don't come with a purple base. The tentacles are whiteish brown, and the base a light purple. Im hoping once it is settles in, happy, and eating it colours up. That said the tentacles are not see through so I have hope.

I have not seen any deflating yet, so hopefully the open mouth is just stress and that will resolve itself.

mouth is almost closed today, but he moved a little bit. Wondering if the light might be to strong and hes moving away from it.

This might be a silly question, I noticed last night for the first time that he almost completely covered his tentacles with his base. I have seen pictures of this before. My question is would that be considered deflating? Back to normal looking this morning.

Magnifica sometime "ball-up" withdrow all his tentacles in to a ball with just one or two or none tentacle exposed. This is normal.
Here is a picture of Gary M. Magnifica anemone ball-up

7144137_3732.JPG

thanks Minh. I think it has been looking better, certainly not worse. Hopefully this continues. I am holding off on buying clowns until it is settled in.

Back