New to hobby

i usually get rid of the bristle worms, cant see in the pic, but its not that they are bad now, but if you got alot of them down the line and they can get bigger and bigger its not a good feeling when your scared to pick up any rock. lol

chiller is neat.

Lol...I agree that's why I need to create a trap to get them out

i got me long tweezers/forceps, whatever, and i pluck them out as i see them... sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt...

my mentality is, if they are in the rock, they are keeping it clean so they are ok... but if they grow a pair and decide to come out ike they own the place, they get pulled out into a cup placed under the lights for 15 mnutes till they dry out and then crushed into pulp then rinsed down the sink... teaches all the other worms a lesson on whose boss and keeps them in their place... hope this helps

Quick question... I traded my Xenia and got a hammer coral, but I'd like to know where should I place my coral, I've read that they need to be at the bottom , any suggestions?

place at bottom where the current is minimal. then if you see fit move it closer to the top but only if you think it needs it. i would leave it alone where it opens at its fullest. good luck

Quick question... I traded my Xenia and got a hammer coral, but I'd like to know where should I place my coral, I've read that they need to be at the bottom , any suggestions?

I forgot what lights you have (I think T5). If so then you should be good to place them in the middle to lower sections of your tank depending on height from fixture to sand bed. They also prefer a medium flow. I place them slightly under over hangs and sheltered from direct flow and have had great results with extension and growth. Just remember to slowly bring them from the bottom of the tank to the middle sections over a period of time to adjust to lights.

I forgot what lights you have (I think T5). If so then you should be good to place them in the middle to lower sections of your tank depending on height from fixture to sand bed. They also prefer a medium flow. I place them slightly under over hangs and sheltered from direct flow and have had great results with extension and growth. Just remember to slowly bring them from the bottom of the tank to the middle sections over a period of time to adjust to lights.

Thanks a lot Chaka!!!

So I placed the hammer on the sand bed and it seems to like it more. Also, I got a torch coral since the LFS got everything 25% off... The torch I placed it in a hole that existed in one of my rocks so its a bit higher than the hammer, I don't know if I should place the torch on the sand bed

image-59.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-58.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have one question, as most of you might know , I own a refugium but at the moment I just have water on it... The last water test I did was about 2 days ago and I didn't have any issues with my water as my last test came good... Some one gave me macro algae from one of his tank ( it was from a LFS ), my question is should I put it in Or not even with it?

Well I won some corals online... Needed to start adding new corals
These wil be my new additions... Can't wait for them to come
image-62.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-63.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-64.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-65.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-66.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-67.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah, I won these... The only one I didn't win was the purple bonsai but I contact the owner and he added it for the ending bidding price , I lost the purple bonsai at the last minute by 50 cents

A few days after adding my new corals, seem to be doing good
image-71.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-72.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-73.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-74.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-75.jpg