New To Lawton w/ ?'s

aarond21

My name is Aaron. I just recently moved to Lawton. I was stationed here many years ago, before I was into keeping reef tanks. I'm looking for some help in this area. The LFS here don't really have anything compared to where I'm coming from in Colorado Springs, CO. And what little they have here is way too expensive! Is there anyone local that keeps/sells/trades corals, live stock, and equipment? Or is there suggested on line sites people use. I tried to stay as local as possible in Colorado. I have a 29 Bio cube set up as of now, I brought all my corals mainly mushrooms and polyps of sorts from Colorado. And everything was fine till I did maint on the tank a week after I got it set up. So now everything seems to be dying. I'm guessing the water filter I have is not adequate enough for Lawton water. It worked just fine with the water in Colorado and North Carolina when I was stationed there. But other than that, just trying to get a feel for the area. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Thanks,
Aaron

First off welcome to the area. There are some great stores in the Tulsa area that should have or be able to get whatever you may need. I've never been to a store in Colorado so I can't speak directly on price comparisons but the lfs normally have killer deals on most livestock. Is there anything in particular your looking for? Most members don't have an issue making and selling or donating frags to someone who needs help starting out, or rebuilding after a crash.

Aaron,

Welcome to the area! I sent you a PM with my phone number, give me a call and I'll give you the low down on the Lawton saltwater scene.

Ed

Lawton Area Corals Frags

Lawton Area Corals Frags

I live in Lawton and would love to get some frags on corals. I tried buying a few off the internet sites and they are just awful and expensive. I just started my 90 gallon tank and it needs a little pick me up. I am disabled so I cant travel very far to get them. If you have anything let me know

Back