Damaged Colorado Sunburst

I’ll be honest, I’m at a loss here. If it were me, I’d just keep treating and see what happens.
That's my plan too. Already hit treatment day 7 so I'm past the standard Orion method time-line. So far progress has seemingly stalled to just be "not dead."

Hoping it didn't throw itself into the wavemaker while I was at work lol. I put a vented plastic lid in the tank as a barrier between the anenome and the wavemaker. Was not aware they would squeeze themselves through a 1/4" hole.

Fascinating yet frustrating creature.

Update: I did 10 days of treatment in the end. 5 at 250 mg in a 2.5 gallon tank then 5 days at 500 mg. After realizing I had exposed my self to antibiotics and not enjoying the impact of that I cut off treatment for my own sanity. Gave the anenome 1 day to chill in the hospital tank and moved it to my main tank.

At first it looked sad and deflated
20230912_230742.jpg

But 3 days later it is much larger than ever before
20230915_185311.jpg

It has lost tentacles in the process but I hope they grow back soon. I am going to check my PAR and bring it to 200 at the top of this tank if possible. I want to be sure it is getting enough light. Seems a little pale but could be the mix of colors. Of course the Radion stopped connecting to the app... lol

Not out of the woods, but continuing to be "not dead."

Awesome, you’ve done great keeping this nem going.
Thanks it honestly has just been sitting around for a month. Little involvement from me... I credit my radions lol. I appreciate all you guys' advice and encouragement especially in the beginning when I gave it (and me lol oops) cipro. It's been wild to watch all the tentacles fall off and see it come back from the brink of death.

Thanks all I'm super excited back in September it all felt very hopeless. My tank isn't even that great right now I have some return pump issue and nasty film at the surface. Likely Nitrates sky high....yet the anenome is happy as can be! I feel like one day there might be a chance it outgrows this tiny shroom box from PNW custom!

Back