New Wireless pumps from Jebao RW-8 & RW-15

I like jebao... Have 2 wp25s. I think the R&D dollars would have been better spent on a controller that can power up to 8 units of various sizes. I think the specs said you can sync 8 units but do you really want 8 controllers taking up space. Even if the extra pumps had a remote receiver that wasn't a full blown control itself would have been better.

I like things to be more modular. Buy the main controller and purchase the pumps independently as needed.

The pumps will connect with each other wirelessly and sync. We will be the first US retailer to carry the new pumps.

Ordered 2 Of the rw-8's cant wait to get them my wp25 was my favorite pump for the money for sure. How long is the warranty on these badboys logan?

Wow.

First they Copy the Tunze design.

Now they copied the Votech design.

Don't these hacks have any creativity whatsoever?

Give em a brake, someone has to bring us affordable powerheads.

If they want to do that that is fine.

Design and Name the Pump yourself.

Do not Copy.

Here in America that is illegal.

If anybody tried that here they would be sued and perhaps jailed (Definetly put out of business).

Eco-Tech spends a lot of money on R&D, Advertising, etc.

Then they get all their hard work stolen out from under them.

How would you feel if you did a ton of work on something only to have it stolen from you from con men who do no work at all?

Quit looking at Price only People.

Look at the Big Picture.

You think companies like Eco Tech are still going to invest Millions of Dollars investing in new products to advance the Hobby if it all keeps getting stolen from them?

This is bad for the Hobby very Bad.

I do not even know how these things get into the country.

They should be destroyed at customs.

Here in America that is illegal.

If anybody tried that here they would be sued and perhaps jailed (Definetly put out of business).

You have no idea what you are talking about. What exactly did they steal? The design of the grate around the propeller? If they copied the design of having the motor on the outside of the tank, that would be one thing...but I highly doubt any part of their design infringed on any patent that ecotech has. If it did ecotech could pretty easily stop them from being imported.

You have no idea what you are talking about. What exactly did they steal? The design of the grate around the propeller? If they copied the design of having the motor on the outside of the tank, that would be one thing...but I highly doubt any part of their design infringed on any patent that ecotech has. If it did ecotech could pretty easily stop them from being imported.

First it was the name on one of their Pumps - They called it the Eco-Tec

Then their Power Head (WP-10) which is MP-10 Flipped over.

They also copied the Tunze design.

At least here they gave it a new name.

But they then copied the Vortech.

They are purposefully trying to in line themselves with Tunze and Vortech.

Do you guys not agree with this?

I mean what if somebody started a New Car Company and called it Chevroleta, then made a Car and named it the Biesta, then made the car look like a Charger.

You don't think that Ford and Chevy would sue the Crap out of them for infringement?

That is the same thing that is going on here - no different.

I know people are only seeing the price as all they care about but please tell me you agree with me here.

Put aside the Price and the fact you like the pump - I understand this I really do.

I see it from your point of view.

Why can't you see it from my point of view?

First it was the name on one of their Pumps - They called it the Eco-Tec

Then their Power Head (WP-10) which is MP-10 Flipped over.

They also copied the Tunze design.

At least here they gave it a new name.

But they then copied the Vortech.

They are purposefully trying to in line themselves with Tunze and Vortech.

Do you guys not agree with this?

I mean what if somebody started a New Car Company and called it Chevroleta, then made a Car and named it the Biesta, then made the car look like a Charger.

You don't think that Ford and Chevy would sue the Crap out of them for infringement?

That is the same thing that is going on here - no different.

I know people are only seeing the price as all they care about but please tell me you agree with me here.

Put aside the Price and the fact you like the pump - I understand this I really do.

Because we're not interested in your point of view. Because we're not here to debate US trade policy. Because this is a thread to talk about Jebao pumps. Because we've heard it all, 1000's of times for decades in this country.

Frankly, it's insulting to American companies to imply that they can't compete with the Chinese on price. Of course they can. But they're not interested in doing that. They're only interested in getting rich; selling pumps for a bit more then it costs to make them and employ their employees doesn't make them rich.

Fish guy do you ever get tired of just bringing the same thing back ?

The controller is diffrent pumps are diffrent if you take the best of both worlds and change it it's not the same thing. If tunze or Eco tech had a case they would be all over it they have no case all pumps look similar.

Only thing is diffrent is the new Riptide Gyre from maxspect !
Now that's new

RW - 15's Arrive tomorrow

RW - 15's Arrive tomorrow

Hi Guys,

Having had a few wave-makers quit recently.
So have ordered a pair of RW 15's.
They actually arrived today but I was out, so they'll
deliver them tomorrow.
Hoping they live up to expectations!

Cheers, Rolan

Because what you claim is wrong. They look similar, so what? There are no patents that they are violating. So it is perfectly legal. Their naming scheme of the WP series falls in line with the naming of their other pumps, so it could be intentional, or it could just be coincidence. Either way, lots of products have simliar names, you dont see cocoa puffs trying to sue cocoa krispies do ya?

Have you ever thought that maybe people like their pumps, not because they are cheaper, but because they think ecotech and tunze are GROSSLY overpriced for what they are?

:deadhorse1:

Frankly... As far as I can tell 90% of the equipment in this hobby is made elsewhere. I would love to say that all of my equipment is made in the US. I don't think my wp25s resemble tune or vortech's in any way shape or form. I do know that it makes this hobby affordable for me. I sure would love it if a quality manufacture such as ecotech, would produce an affordable dc pump line that does not have all of the grandiose features. I just need a pump to move water with a few options for adjustability. No infinite programmability and wireless doodads. I chose jebao because it was a dc pump, moved a lot of water, had an adjustable head. I don't use the wave functions but I do like the speed adjustment. Since this is all that I use the wireless functions do nothing for me.

You need only look at car manufactures to see blatant style copies. I don't think ecotech is in this business to capture the market share they have chosen to manufacture a Ferrari and not a Ford pickup. Sorry for the rambling a folks... This thread has gotten a bit off topic.

Jeez we've been through thus arguement before.

If yo don't like the pumps or the "copying" the don't flipping buy them.

I don't see the point? I don't know why Ecotech does this either? If your going to have 2 pumps with 2 controllers and 2 power supplies, who cares if it has another wire or not to communicate. Most of the time the controllers are placed right next to one another anyway.

Assuming Jebao has done the same thing as in the Vortech (a reasonable assumption :)), the ability to synchronize modes across multiple pumps can be quite useful. OK, sure, I suppose one could adjust each controller separately to achieve the same effect, but with wireless synching it is much easier.

I have a 48x18 90g. UPS was here early today, I think its a record. But so far on w1 they seem to do well on the lowest setting possible. If I put them on anything else, I get bare spots in the sand. That's with seafloor special grade. I was under the assumption that you could adjust the flow output on ELSE mode, but putting them on the lowest setting possible on the controller had no effect. I may need to look into getting lower voltage power supplies.

Back