Nice fresh cut acros for sale. 10 frags for $100. You pick from the list.

sfdan

The last time I did this there was a lot of interest, so I'm back, and trying to make it easier on myself so I can fulfill more orders.

Please read exactly what I'm selling, how I'm selling it, and how to show your interest if you are interested (it's a google form --- please don't PM me!).

Here is a teaser shot of 2 of the corals for sale:
XJIRaHH.jpg

(RC Poisen Envy on your left, and Unknown Vivid Pink w/Yellow Tip Acro on the right. Also I guess BC Adam Bomb can be seen in the back left)

Fresh cuts only. Mounted corals are too much work to mount and pack! The corals will all be cut the day of the pickup, stored in individual specimen cups. All corals are guaranteed for 7 days from pickup*. The corals are all very healthy so they should be quite hardy.

You must pick exactly 10 different corals. I found small orders to be not an efficient use of my time, and large orders to be difficult to manage, so I'm only going to take orders that are exactly 10 corals. That seems to be the sweet spot for me. Hopefully there are 10 corals that interest you. If there are more than 10 you'd like, pick your favorite 10. To make sure I can fulfill as many orders as possible, you have to pick 10 different corals.

Afternoon contactless pickups in San Francisco. We'll arrange a pickup date, and you'll come by from 3-7pm on a weekday, or 12pm-8pm on select weekend days and pick up your contactless, curbside frag pack. I live in the Castro district in San Francisco.

Pay by Paypal. You'll pay the $100 at least one day in advance with paypal.

Frags will be 1/2" - 1". I'll try to make them as big as possible, but a lot of these corals are pretty dense and it is tough to get bigger chunks. They are not going to be the biggest frag you've ever gotten, but it will be good value for $10.

All of that sounds good and you want some corals? Fill out this google form to pick the corals. I spent way too long dealing with all the PMs from my last post. So this Google form will help me keep things much more organized.

Up to 10 orders for the first iteration, chosen by random draw! I'm going to take up to 10 orders and then re-assess how the corals look and the process is going, and then hopefully will be able to keep going. To try to be as fair as possible, I will randomly pick up to 10 orders submitted in the first 48 hours after this post goes live. If I get less than 10 orders, then everybody gets chosen! If you are chosen, I will PM you to give payment details and arrange the pickup. I will update the thread to let people know if there were more orders than I was able to fulfill (hopefully not!).

Coral List
BC Adam Bomb (source: BC) [pic]
Therman's Rainbow (source: therman) [pic]
BC Rainbows in spain (source: nanomarine) [pic]
BC Lemon Hammer (source: BC) [pic]
ORA Hawkins (source: ORA) [pic]
Copp's CaliCali Stag (source: therman) [pic]
Neon Green Stag (source: Vivid Aquariums) [pic]
SC Orange Passion (source: therman) [pic]
RC Poison envy (source: BC) [pic]
Red Mille (source: unknown) [pic]
Ultimate purple monster (source: nanomarine) [pic]
CC Dark Knight (source: therman) [pic]
ORA Laura's Purple Polyp (source: ORA) [pic]
BC Sun God Prostrata (source: BC) [pic]
Vivid's Sonic Boom Acropora (source: Vivid Aquariums) [pic]
Pink w/Yellow Tip Acro (source: Vivid Aquariums) [pic]
Tubbs Stellata Montipora (source: therman) [pic]

Remember, fill out this form if you want corals. Please don't PM me.

Coral Notes:
- I could not get a photograph of the BC Sun God Prostrata that looked any good. BC did a much better job here.
- The Pink w/Yellow Tip Acro from Vivid may have some name, but I didn't write it down when I picked it up last year so I don't know what it is.
- The corals all grow in my 350 gallon tank, which is lit by MHs, LEDs and T5s. I keep my alkalinity around 8.5 - 9.

*: Take a photo of the frag when you bring it home, take a photo of the dead frag within 7 days, and I will replace it.

Well I've gotten >20 submissions so far, so there will be a random lottery. I will take submissions until tonight at midnight, then close down the form.

I'll run the random lottery tomorrow and PM the people who are chosen. All is not lost though if you aren't chosen, as I will not open back up for new orders until I've fulfilled all of the existing submissions. So if you aren't chosen tomorrow, maybe I'll PM you in a couple weeks and I'll be able to handle your order.

The only snag is that some of the corals probably don't have more than 10 frags possible, but I'll re-evaluate that as I go. Many of the popular selections can easily be fragged 20 times so hopefully I can make it work as well as possible.

If you've submitted multiple times, I'm only counting the last submission.

If you've submitted with an email address, please submit again with your RC username.

Ok I've turned off the form. There were 24 unique submissions, so when I do the random draw tomorrow, your odds will be 10/24. But as I said, I'll try to work through all 24 as fast as I can, assuming I've got the time and the corals are big enough (some are not, but most are).

I will PM the first 10 randomly chosen entries wednesday or thursday and then update the thread when I've sent the 10 PMs so everybody knows whether they are in the first batch or not.

Lottery has been conducted and the 10 people who were selected have been PMed.

Upon final inspection there were only 23 unique entries, so for the 13 of you who didn't get a PM, you will be at the top of waiting list and I will update the thread when I get to that.

[MENTION=344537]sfdan[/MENTION]: Is there any chance I can get on the next round of 10 people?
I know your google list is closed now, but will you start another one?

Just wanted to say thank you for the fantastic deal as all corals are now mounted in the tank. Thanks again Dan!

[MENTION=344537]sfdan[/MENTION]: Is there any chance I can get on the next round of 10 people?
I know your google list is closed now, but will you start another one?

I'm moving to the east bay very soon, so while I might be able to make it through the existing 23 orders, there just isn't going to be the time for any more than that. And I don't think I'm going to be able to move this 350 gallon tank and keep everything magically the same way it is now, so it's probably going to take some months before all my corals are happy and growing again and can support this amount of fragging. And that's assuming I don't accidentally kill them all.

But I'll be back eventually, though my username will no longer be accurate :(.

Last edited:
I'm moving to the east bay very soon, so while I might be able to make it through the existing 23 orders, there just isn't going to be the time for any more than that. And I don't think I'm going to be able to move this 350 gallon tank and keep everything magically the same way it is now, so it's probably going to take some months before all my corals are happy and growing again and can support this amount of fragging. And that's assuming I don't accidentally kill them all.

But I'll be back eventually, though my username will no longer be accurate :(.
Let me know if you need any help moving the reef? Peter and I would be happy to assist!
Mark (650) 619-8447

Back