Noisy Vortech DrySide FIX!!

What can be done about thr long porcelain bearin on the wet side? Mine is wore down and so it cause a lot of noise. So much that I am not hardly running the MP60 now.

Bump.

Anybody have an updated link to a bearing puller/press that’s needed for the Mp40s repair? I already have all the needed bearings.

A “battery terminal puller” will do the job. You may need to put a small screw or rod at the end to push it out all the way and you may need to grind the tips ever so slightly to make them fit, but I’ve done several that way. The bearings have been a tight slip to transition fit going on, so you can probably tap them on with a socket or even by hand if you’re careful.

I don’t have the measurements off hand, but using class X gauge pins and a Mitutoyo 293-130-10 I’m confident the bearings were a very slight slip on the last couple MP60s I disassembled.

I’ve been using qualitybearingsonline (no affiliation, just a happy customer) as my bearing source and getting SKF non contact seals (-2rz). I picked SKF due to past good professional experiences with them. At some point in an unrelated conversation with one of their applications engineers I asked about the original shields vs seals vs non contact seals and was basically told that it shouldn’t matter at that RPM, so I might as well be a bit better sealed at less than $1 difference.

I have some colleagues that work for CW bearing, I need to replace the bearings in my MP60. I'll pull it apart and see what they suggest for 2200rpm with no real need for sealing (so medium oil fill, low drag seals, long life prioritized). There are all sorts of special coatings they put on races to get lower sound or better life. Anyhow, I'll let you know what I find.

I have some colleagues that work for CW bearing, I need to replace the bearings in my MP60. I'll pull it apart and see what they suggest for 2200rpm with no real need for sealing (so medium oil fill, low drag seals, long life prioritized). There are all sorts of special coatings they put on races to get lower sound or better life. Anyhow, I'll let you know what I find.

I'm trying to replace my MP60 bearings as well, any recommendations on what specific bearing size or number to use ?

Circling back to this super old topic. I picked up a couple new wet side assy's and they are great. I'd like to salvage the old ones and refurbish them as spares. Does anyone have any up to date info on bearing replacements and/or procedures to keep the units quiet?

Back