NYC Rain Barrel give away

DrHarryLopez

One Happy Reefer
2011 50 Gallon Rain Barrel Giveaway
DEP is giving away another thousand rain barrels across the City in 2011.

Who's going?
This year we are giving away rain barrels at the following locations:

Queens
Saturday, April 30, 2011
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Cunningham Park
196th Place & Union Turnpike

The Bronx
Saturday, May 7, 2011
9:00 am – 11:00 am
Pelham Bay Park
Middletown Road Parking Lot
Off Stadium Avenue

Staten Island
Saturday, May 7, 2011
9:00 am – 11:00 am
College of Staten Island
2800 Victory Boulevard

Please note: Rain Barrels will be given away on a first-come, first-served basis, one per household. You must live in a single-family or attached two-family home to participate in this exciting and innovative program.

Similar to these I got a few years ago....
drum1.jpg

I don't live in the city, so I guess I'm out. Somehow, I suspect that my wife will be happy about that.

Barrels

Barrels

I don't live in the city, so I guess I'm out. Somehow, I suspect that my wife will be happy about that.

Larry, We can get those Barrels all day long down here for 20.00 bucks, From Tractor Supply and they are food grade and totally reef safe. I supposed I could Tie one on the Roof of my car for you the Next trip i make back, Looks like I may come again with a friend in the Summer but nothing definate yet!
If you really need some of these I guess Fedex or UPS may ship them if it wasn't too much?
Bill:wavehand:

Larry, We can get those Barrels all day long down here for 20.00 bucks, From Tractor Supply and they are food grade and totally reef safe. I supposed I could Tie one on the Roof of my car for you the Next trip i make back, Looks like I may come again with a friend in the Summer but nothing definate yet!
If you really need some of these I guess Fedex or UPS may ship them if it wasn't too much?
Bill:wavehand:

LOL! With the amount of fish stuff that I have "just in case I ever need it", I think my wife would have a baby if I put even one of those things in my driveway, or worse, my back yard.
I really appreciate the offer, but the only way I could use a barrel that big would be in my basement, and I'm pretty sure that it would never fit.
Keep me posted on your return though!

Hmmmmm, 24" would fit through my basement door........

My wife (I had office hrs) and a couple of friends went but came home empty handed. The feeding frenzy was to much to overcome...

Barrel Day

Barrel Day

Well got to the site at 7:45, and their was a line already, I got my ticket #86, yeah i made it. From the looks of it over 400 people showed up. They gave out 210 barrels in less then 2 hours.
BarrelDay.jpg

Back