NYReefClub's True Swap

I've been fragging and tonight was none different. Just fragged part of my Larry Jackson Colony. True swat is for everyone!! Looks like crap here but with its purple-tips this acro is very fast growing and hardy. Brighter light brings out more purple.
LarryJacksonFrags.jpg

Looks like a murder scene. :lol:

But actually its the propagation of corals which is extremely important to the reef aquarium hobby. Not only does this help to preserve and limit what is harvested from natural reefs, but it also helps to create a more consumer friendly market.

Staaan I know your j/k but just say'ng

But actually its the propagation of corals which is extremely important to the reef aquarium hobby. Not only does this help to preserve and limit what is harvested from natural reefs, but it also helps to create a more consumer friendly market.

Staaan I know your j/k but just say'ng

Couldn't agree more Dr. Harry!

After one of my marine ecology lectures I was almost on the verge of tears..

Apparently the ocean's pH has been steadily dropping (acidification) and is causing more and more natural reefs death.

There is a prediction that within the next 50 years coral reefs may no longer be in existence in the wild. :worried:

Couldn't agree more Dr. Harry!

After one of my marine ecology lectures I was almost on the verge of tears..

Apparently the ocean's pH has been steadily dropping (acidification) and is causing more and more natural reefs death.

There is a prediction that within the next 50 years coral reefs may no longer be in existence in the wild. :worried:

woo hoo now i'll make some $$$.... thats wrong isent it

gunna be mad fun... I'll try to contribute frags of my frags LOL

What happens if you pick up your own frag that you donated? Do you go again? Or do you just keep it

There will be NO Classification Code. We ENCOURAGE everyone to try and bring something. If you can not, NO BIG DEAL.. You'll still walk away with something different that chances are, you do not already have in your tank.

Here is how it will go....

No fresh Cuts... so frag it now to ensure survivability for the True Swap.
If you do bring an item, try and show up earlier as the inspection rule still applies.
When you bring the coral make sure it's labeled. Ex: Tri Color Validia... Then we will inspect it. If it passes the inspection, it will be placed in a container with the Coral name on it(So you'll know not to pick your own or a duplicate coral that is in your tank already when it comes draft picking time).
You must also be a paid NY Reef Club member. In the event that you are not. NO BIG DEAL again. You can come pay your dues, the Day of the Event.
This entitles you to every monthly General Meeting, Food & Beverages, Tank Tours, The Party Bus, and every social event we have.
That's it!!

REMEMBER.. it's being held at PLAY. Courtesy of Thane!!!
So you know we'll have lots of fun!
See you all there!!

Back