Oceanic 215 with Solaris Build

ohhh so when they say I series is equal to 400w mh is this mean there 48" fixture is still equal to 400w mh?? or even 24" fixture still equal to 400w mh?? i am just confuse ,,you must know alot than me ,,hopefully i can fixgure out here,,thanks

helo i think if found it,,,
Length Width Height LED Wattage Power Supply Fans
14” 8.7” 3.65” 100W 1 4
24” 8.7” 3.65” 200W 1 4
36” 8.7” 3.65” 300W 2 4
46.5” 8.7” 3.65” 400W 2 4
59.5” 8.7” 3.65” 500W 3 4
71.5” 8.7” 3.65” 600W 3 4
so your light is about 600w total,,then,,,thanks

Can't wait for the morning! I brought home my female Hawaiian Flame Wrasse tonight. Looked gorgeous in the bag..can't wait until she buddies up with the male! The lights were out when I got her home;(

Thanks for the update Khoivo...where did you get those numbers from?

Here are two really bad FTS photos. I'll try again tomorrow to get the color somewhat right. As you can tell, there is way more yellow in this than in true life:

100_2512-1.jpg

100_2512.jpg

Thanks, all:) I need one more piece of rock on the left side on top...I have it picked out..finally. It's curing and should be in next week. Besides that, I really like the way it turned out. Thanks again!

Thanks! We've yet to get the fans installed in the cabinet and canopy. With the cabinet doors open we get to 78.6, with all the doors closed the highest the temps have gotten is 80.4. Once the fans are in I expect the temps to stay between 78 and 79, but will post the actual temps once the fans are in, probably in a couple more weeks.

We've taken the white lights down again...they are at 25% and the blues are still at 100% I'm getting much better color with each incremental drop. Growth is still very good. My Purple Monster, which was under 150 HQI's in a nano, was moved into this tank about 8 days ago. Growth under the HQI's was very little in the past 6 months. There are already some growth tips just in the past week! I had some STN on one of the colonies and had to frag it down, but I think it was getting too much flow. It was pretty close to one of the Vortech's. My clam is doing fantastic, my Suharsonai is getting extremely neon green and showing good growth and my anemone is the greenest it's ever been and I've had it for probably about 5 or 6 years now.

All the fairy wrasses are doing very well together...no real bickering although the Yellow Flanked does like to show his superiority occasionally by giving a short chase when I first put in the veggie clip each morning. I'm amazed at how much of the Sea Veggies the wrasses eat each day. The Bellus Angel pair are definitely the Royalty of the tank. They make sure all new comers know who's boss, although they never cause any damage...just a bit of intimidation.

My new female Hawaiian Flame is doing very well, as is the male. Both are a bit shy yet, although the male was out and about alot more today then he has been. He grabbed a big piece of veggies this morning and brought it down behind the rocks where the new female is and dropped it there. I watch her pick at it when he swam off. She's been poking out a bit here and there all day, but the female bellus swims down to check her out each time and she dashes back into the rock. I think in another couple days she'll be more confortable. Her colors are really nice and deep as are the male's. He was flashing a bit today when he'd get near her so I'm optimistic they're pair up nicely.

I continue to add a bag of pods once a week to keep up the live food population. My mandarins are fat and healthy as are the pipefish. So far I'm very pleased with the entire setup and my choice of fish:)

Marcye im jealous of your whole setup. lol The wall turned out awesome. So when are you going to host a ORCA meeting so we can all see your new setup. lol

Thanks:) It looks sooo good in person! Soon, hopefully, I'm going to either ask to host a meeting or have a tank warming party. We're doing some more remodeling on the house and once that's done I'll have the go ahead from the boss!

finally got it

finally got it

Hi Marcye:

My I4 arrived on Tuesday and I lugged it home and set it up. After one day my ruddy red Ricordias (sorry for the literation) have colored up green in the center. Amazing! And this is only at 50% day white and blues. I guess I've really been missing out with the PCs. If anyone doubts these lights anymore I just don't know what to say. They are awesome.

Matt

Great news! I can't believe some of the colors I'm getting as well. It's just so hard to get the white balance set on my camera. In person, the tank looks amazing. Congrats on the new lights. Please feel free to post pics here when you get some. I'd love to compare notes...you too SuperR!

I'm please to hear so many positive comments on the i-series as mine is also schedule to arrived in 2 weeks time.... Ed

Hi Marcye:

Here you go. I didn't mean to hijack your thread but I was so excited I had to tell someone. I've had these Ricordias for like 10 years. They hitchhiked onto some long gone piece of coral and have split many times. Up until Wednesday they were all the dull red color of the outer disk. This particular one seems to have found some sweet spot. The others are starting to change but jeez, one day!

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/169766Resize_of_Resize_of_Resize_of_Imgp5105.jpg[/IMG]

Very nice! Hey, no worries about hijacking! This is one of the first indepth threads on LED lights I've seen around and I invite everyone to post their pics or experiences. My tank pics will find their way in as well:) I'm very conservation oriented and the low draw on energy alone is a huge plus for me! Please feel free to add your own experiences and pics here as there are many folks very interested in this technology and waiting to see what the end result is.

Thanks Marcye. A question about the fans. I started with mine on Auto and although the first pair is much quieter than my previous hood, I'm getting a bit of a whine. This varies a bit if and when the second pair kick in. Are yours dead silent? The fans for the power supply are. I've switched to 100% override and although I get more white noise, there is no little whine. Carla at PFO said maybe it's just a break in issue.

Hmmm, Carla is excellent to speak with BTW. I've called on a couple of issues and she's been able to walk me through. I don't remember mine making any noise, but mine don't make any sounds that I'm aware of. I'm at work but will check back when I get home tonight.

Back