Official: Masterflex Calcium Reactor Setup Thread

Unless something comes up that makes me think otherwise it appears Ecotech has delivered a great product that will suit our needs. BigBlueTang who was the local reefer who has had the Kamoer since it's debut has already replaced it with a Versa. I do believe they will prove to be more reliable long term.

At the cost of roughly 3 maxijet 1200s this pump puts this setup into the hands of everyone. To get a good used masterflex without a warranty you are looking $500+. With a Versa you get a year warranty and could buy 3 for the same price as the masterflex. Time will tell but Ecotech stands behind their products and has great customer service so I have a good feeling about this one.

I know another local who has been running the Kamoer for years and has switched to the versa... once I got the new fittings in mine, it's been working flawlessly

Can someone please help me identify what this debris is thats in my sump and overflow? I'm wondering if its related to my calcium reactor setup. Nowhere to be seen in the display.

XJTro6Mh.jpg

0B6uKYbh.jpg

I've got a CarbonDoser. The Co2 tank gauge is reading under 200 psi. As I recall the gauges can get wonky towards the end of the bottle, is that right? Should I go ahead and refill the tank now? Also do I need to remove the entire carbon doser assembly when I take the tank in to get refilled?

I have gone down to 100P SI but not lower.
Yes, Remove the entire unit from the tank.
If you are NOT using their rubber fitting from tank to doser get a new washer.

I've got a CarbonDoser. The Co2 tank gauge is reading under 200 psi. As I recall the gauges can get wonky towards the end of the bottle, is that right? Should I go ahead and refill the tank now? Also do I need to remove the entire carbon doser assembly when I take the tank in to get refilled?

When you see the psi start to drop, go ahead and fill it unless you have a two stage reg. You're below 20% fill and co2 is cheap.

What are the best pump heads to find on ebay that are reasonably priced but are reliable?
Im still in the process of building my calcium reactor setup and have the masterflex 7523-70 pump with no pump head yet.
thanks

Can i please get a answer on what heads i can mount to this pump ive been out of the game for a little while but coming back in a big way! Since ive gotten back into things ive gotten the Reef Octopus SRO 5000 Calcium Reactor and the CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 Regulator. Ive only got a few more pieces to get and my cal. setup will be done.

Last edited:
Not to worry on the flow, that's the recirculating pump, it runs @ a fixed speed.
The drip rate coming out is the important one & holds steady with a doser pump rated for continuous duty like the Versa or Kamoer.

Anybody have repeated eeprom failure code issues on the newer brushless models? I'm trying to help out someone that has had 2 go down in a matter of a month.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Well it sure seemed like the Versa was going to be able to solve my calcium reactor effluent woes. Unfortunately they are impossible to get and I'm tired of waiting and fussing with needle valves. The common alternative, the Kamoer FX STP doesn't have a high enough flow for my effluent. Are there any other decent options.. looks like a Masterflex on ebay is in the neighborhood of $500-600. I'll pay it if I have to, just wanted to get a feel if there are other reasonable options for variable flow in the 100-200 mL/min range.

I most likely have a back up, if interested. Ill send a PM

Well it sure seemed like the Versa was going to be able to solve my calcium reactor effluent woes. Unfortunately they are impossible to get and I'm tired of waiting and fussing with needle valves. The common alternative, the Kamoer FX STP doesn't have a high enough flow for my effluent. Are there any other decent options.. looks like a Masterflex on ebay is in the neighborhood of $500-600. I'll pay it if I have to, just wanted to get a feel if there are other reasonable options for variable flow in the 100-200 mL/min range.

I have a brushless digital 7523-60 drive. 10-600RPM
And atleast 6 pump heads 7518-10.

Any one interested , pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do people find their tubing for masterflex heads? Do you need to get a 25/50 ft roll from masterflex or are there alternatives?

Back