Onyx A. percula question

OrionN

Moved on
I have been looking for a pair of perfectly shaped Onyx Percula for a long time. I think I found them. I got a WC pair from Aquatic Collection a little over 2 months ago. One of the two turn much darker under my care. He is my male pictured below. The initial picture and the current picture. He is so much darker.
Then I stumbled upon this female somebody "donated" to the only LFS, other than Petco, here in Corpus. She is beautiful, except is yellow instead of orange. This is not a concern. With proper diet, I can turn her into a normal orange Percula. I think she is wild caught because her shape is as perfect as perfect can be.
The unusual thing about this female, is that she has pencil think line of black around her fins. I have never seen Onyx Percula with such thin black border. I have seen Australian Percula with almost no black and with pencil thin black outline, but never any Percula with more black coloration. I don't get to see many Percula here in Corpus. This thin outline really give this fish a different look than other Percula clownfish in my limited experience.

For reefers, clownfish enthusiasts who are familiar and have a lot of experience with Percula, is this an unusual finding, or is it just becasue of my lack of experience with clown fish?

Initial Picture of my male Onyx
attachment.php

Current picture of the male Onyx two months later.
attachment.php

My new female Onyx with pencil thin black outline of the fins
attachment.php

Attachments

• Percula2019050401WCResized.jpg
    Percula2019050401WCResized.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Percula2019071102OnyxWCResized.jpg
    Percula2019071102OnyxWCResized.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1
Looks quite normal to me (on the tiny phone screen). Also, I somewhat doubt that the more yellowish orange is the result of a nutritional deficiency as I have seen freshly imported percula like that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks. This one is not a fresh import but one that somebody brought back to the LFS. Certain food, with astazanthin, can really bring the orange out in a clown fish. That is what I mean.
This fish is really pale yellow. I think this is due to the fish not been feed a proper diet from her previous owner.

Back