Orange spot goby help

Badiskm1

Yesterday I bought one orange spot goby, and when I put it in it hid itself. Today I woke up and it was still hiding its been 12 hours is this normal?

Can be normal but need more information. Tankmates, size tank, gravel depth? I assume no QT from your post? What type of acclamation? Did you provide good cover?
These gobies dig burrows. They also need a chance to dig without harassment from other fish. If the fish was not injured during transfer. Was properly acclimated. Everything should be good in the next 24 hours. Be sure the tank is covered. They
will jump especially when stressed. Good luck.
RJ

And Acclimated him for 45 minutes, put him in the bag from LFS for half an hour in the tank then cut the bag put two cups of water from aquarium in the bag, 15 minutes after i released him into the tank

hopefully, he will come out of hiding.

if all you did was add 2 cups of aquarium water to the bag, that is not good enough for acclimation purposes. your salinity in your tank should match the salinity in the bag water as closely as possible before a fish is released into your tank.

it's possible the bag salinity was much lower than that of your tank (many stores keep lower salinity). going from low to high drastically can shock/kill a fish.

on another note, did you dump the whole bag (fish and water) into your tank?

Sand is good. His mates should be okay. You did not mention cover. Should be adequate rocks for all fish.
Nina is right. He might be suffering a deeper shock. Sudden changes in salinity, especially exposure to higher salinity, can be very stressful, even damaging internal organs.
Be patient. You might want to turn off the lights. Keep the cover on and watch for digging activity. See that and you will on your way.

RJ

They're hit and miss--sometimes they start sifting as soon as they hit the bottom and other times they hide for a bit. Sounds like it may be stressed from the acclimation process.

For other long-term concerns, a good cover is needed, as RJ mentioned and it is common for them to be hosts for internal parasites so take notice of how well it's eating vs how filled out the fish looks.

Good Luck
Mike

He came out the day after and he is fine and happy, he currently has dug two holes under my rocks where he hides when startled , and he is a great cleaner. and yes i have two layers of hood, so he can not jump out, thanks to all of you for the help:)

I had another question, is it possible that my foxface has nipped at my sand sifter sea star.
And as I was writing this one of my banggais just attacked the other one, after killing the third......

Sand sifting stars are notorious for starving to death in aquariums. If he is missing parts of his legs, it's the beginning of the end.

Nope. If it's past a certain point, it's starved already and just waiting to die. Might have a chance in a massive tank, but probably not.

Back