Orca Skimmer Club

"is this what your talking about steve? this is not an ORCA skimmer its a sequence skimmer that happens to be named orca"

whoa....we are going to have mass confusion. I think I can clear this up.

Orca is the company that builds Orca skimmers.

The skimmer pictured above is a Reeflo Skimmer (not an Orca skimmer). The pump made by Sequence that powers the Reeflo skimmer is called a Sequence Orca.

To recap - Sequence makes the Reeflo skimmmer, powered by a Sequency Orca needlewheel pump.

hope that helps

No he is using the dart orca pump but he is building me differant skimmer with it.The skimmer will be larger than the reef flow model (I think) I have been talking about this skimmer with him for months now.We had talked about him building me a skimmer using the dart pump before reef flow came out with there skimmer.He should be finished getting it done.Like I said in the post his right hand man has had some health issues and his work has gone behind.I feel bad for the guy because he has been very nice and he dose good work.He told me himself how customers are probably unhappy with him because it takes him time to respond to e-mails.He has been so busy that he doesn't have time.

Shan does seems like a nice guy. I talked to him a couple of times on the phone and he has replied back to every email I have sent him. It may take a couple of days for him to reply back but he does reply. They are still waiting for those aquabee pumps to come in so they can finish my skimmer. I got an email from him last night and said they have info that they will be in this week. If you really do not have time to wait, a custom Orca may not be for you for sure.

I have no problem waiting for the skimmer.Shaun has helped me out.He got me my tank.I am very happy with it.Its built well and its nice and clean.I trusted him enough to buy a tank without even looking at it.I told him what I wanted and he got someone to build it for me.

Well, i guess these guys are having a heck of a time getting some aquabees. They dont know when they are going to get them. I have been emailing Shan back and forth and we are ditching the aquabees and will try a different pump he has been testing. Supposedly it pulls around 20 lpms.

The skimmers are well made and designed. Listen to Shaun- he know's his stuff wish i had listened more. My skimmer doesn't have the thumbscrews on the neck to keep costs down. 8.5" bod, 4" neck, 22" height machined union neck and he even machined all the plumbing to fit it in a tight place. my skimmer is external and a bit of a headache(plumbing under a 75 g). My pump is an Octopus 3000 threadwheel pump. It spits alot of bubbles into this thing and skims well, but it is noisy and i have broken many of the flimsy parts. Price is outstanding all said and done, but it does take a while. The aquabee pumps are great from everything i have heard and the eheim are ballin as well. If you have a job like I didn't at the time get the real pump to go with these real protein skimmers and have fun with the design. Protein-Skimmmer.com

when did he get the "bayonet" lock necks??? im jealous of you wolfpack good job! looks to be the "perfect" skimmer with todays technology and old world craftsmanship!

My skimmer from Shaun has the thumbscrew flanged neck. Mine also has a true union for cup removal at zero clearance.
Got it about 5 months ago now.

photbucket016.jpg

photbucket012.jpg

light comes in through the window under the shade to grow algae... do you guys think an H&S eheim would be a pretty easy fit in the place of the Octopus 30000...? I really don't like this pump, it cheapens the skimmer.. i believe the H&S is the 1260

think I can get hold of an H&S model modded eheim :)! Wolfpack how is your Orca euro-eheim performing so far?

Im almost a member. Freshly made. Just got to ship it now. Hope I didnt screw up the design lol!

Skimmer.jpg
[/IMG]

Skimmer2.jpg
[/IMG]

dude im sooooooo envious seeing that :)
i havent heard back yet on my skimmer :( but am holding out.i see you opted for the diffuser plate,i passes on that now seeing yours i kind of wish i got it.

Duece67 is that a scince pump on there? Can you PM me with how much it costed? How long did it take them to build. Can you give us the specs, that is an awsome skimmer. Well done by Orca.

Yes, it is a sicce pump. The skimmer started at 500ish but there was some changes over time. So Im not sure just yet on the price. Bad news is it took 2 months but that when I originally wanted dual aquabees. It wasnt in stock at the time and I waited for a long time for them to come in. The owner of Orca suggested the sicce since he was testing them and claim they pull more air than the dual ab. So we made another change.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10712285#post10712285 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by checkinhawk
dude im sooooooo envious seeing that :)
i havent heard back yet on my skimmer :( but am holding out.i see you opted for the diffuser plate,i passes on that now seeing yours i kind of wish i got it.

Maybe you can still add on the plate. just email him.

Back