Order of fishes: flame angel and yellow tang

Hal

Would there be any problem adding a flame angel after a yellow tang?

My kids are dying to have a yellow tang ASAP, but I'd like to get a flame into the tank at some point too.

there should not be any ill effect just make sure your angels does not pick on yoru inverts.

If it were me, I would probably add the flame first. There will probably be some intitial fighting simply because they are direct competitors for the same food source--algae. Although the angel can get aggressive, IME, yellow tangs tend to be a bit more so on average.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6538228#post6538228 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Amphiprion
If it were me, I would probably add the flame first. There will probably be some intitial fighting simply because they are direct competitors for the same food source--algae. Although the angel can get aggressive, IME, yellow tangs tend to be a bit more so on average.

IME I agree that yellow tangs can be downright mean...I'd add the angel first. But it's a crap shoot...fish are individuals.

I wholeheartedly agree--no fish, even individuals of the same species, are ever the same. Therefore, technically, any info on behavior is an approximation and an educated guess at best.

Back