OT-Auto body work

criccio

Premium Member
Can anyone recommend a good auto body shop? I have some surface rust coming in on the lower edge of my door. I've already been told that I should replace the whole door (starting at $800), but it just doesn't make sense to me financially since the car is seven years old already. I just want a good repair job that will at least stop the rust from spreading for the short term.

Thanks

Rojas Auto Rebuilders is a great shop. He is in Chicago. George Rojas is the owner, and I have had many good experiences with him. Tell him Stuart Nagel sent you to him, and he will take good care of you.

White Eagle Auto Body... There is one in Naperville on North Aurora Road and one in Oswego on Rt 31 near Caterpillar. If you go to Oswego, ask for Todd and he will take good care of you.

Also check into carstar shop's
I don't know if they have any local to you, gonna have to google them for location but they have to meet certain criteria to carry the carstar name, cert's etc.

chris if you just want something that will last a couple years send me a pm with the vehicle and i will get you a price from my guy over here in the hood. Actually i might even be able to get you the door for cheaper than 800 depends on the vehicle.

Jose

Try Aspen Auto Body in Willowbrook. It's a bit far from you, but it's well worth the drive. They do amazing work. If it's not done right they won't give it back to you. The price is always right, too. We bring all of our squad cars there for body work.

Darien Collision Center. They do the best work I've seen and always have a great price. They're located on Lemont road in Darien.

White Eagle Auto Body... There is one in Naperville on North Aurora Road and one in Oswego on Rt 31 near Caterpillar. If you go to Oswego, ask for Todd and he will take good care of you.

I wouldn't **** on White Eagle if it was on fire. Worst body shop experience I've ever had. They flat out ripped me off. Forum language rules prevent me from telling you what I really think about the employees of White Eagle.

If your door is rusting at the bottom it is likely to be rusting through due to plugged door drains. Doing a quick fix on the exterior rust won't last a winter. You probably do need a door.

If your door is rusting at the bottom it is likely to be rusting through due to plugged door drains. Doing a quick fix on the exterior rust won't last a winter. You probably do need a door.

it could also be dirt in the bottom lip of the door skin.

Yeah, I was told it's probably rusting from the inside out so a new door is needed, but the price, ouch. That's what I get for not looking over the wife's car from time-to-time. I had to take it the other day and first noticed the rust, asked her about it, and of course she said she noticed it awhile ago and kept forgetting to tell me about it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for the responses guys. Hmmm, my deductable is half the repair cost, anyone up for a hit and run. lol....j/k

There's a place right in North Aurora that I've used in the past, Chuck Owen Auto Body.... It's right across from the slaughterhouse I used to work at.... Good work and good prices...

Any thought to trying to find a similar colored car at a junkyard and yanking the door ????

Back