OT: Bald Eagle Photos

oneradtek202

Pitcher Hill Reef Society
went to my fiances family this weekend for easter and wanted to get some good photos. Her dad knew the exact spot to see the elusive bald eagle!

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg

Sweet pics Brandon. I'm not sure but last I knew there was a nesting pair right along Onondaga Lake(Northeastern shore). I guess there are a few up in Fulton as well.

Cayuga lake near the mudlocks is also a good area to find them. They seem to frequent between there and along rte 20near the montezuma wildlife refuge.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

There's a nested pair in irondequoit bay (bay park east) trail usually has the best view. You can see the nest on empire blvd.

supposedly, their eyesight is so good that they could read a newspaper 1 mile away.

Fricken sweet pic btw.

Nice pics!

My buddy out in Alexander has a bald eagle that lives in a tree on his farm. They are under strict instruction from the DEC that they are not allowed to disrupt the eagle. The tree and the land surrounding are protected for as long as the eagle decides to squat, which so far has at least four years.

Nice pics!

My buddy out in Alexander has a bald eagle that lives in a tree on his farm. They are under strict instruction from the DEC that they are not allowed to disrupt the eagle. The tree and the land surrounding are protected for as long as the eagle decides to squat, which so far has at least four years.

they are super lazy, most just eat roadkill or dead carp that wash up on shore.

I didn't realize they were so popular. It has just been an accepted thing at his house, and we all just basically stay away from the nest. He said one time he and a few friends went back to go look at the nest and DEC showed up out of the blue, advising them to leave. Kind of ironic.

I did a search last night and found a group of people who are apparently obsessed with going to see the eagle nest on my buddies property. They view it from the road close by I guess. They were talking about how they were unhappy that some construction might have been disturbing them... which I found also kind of ironic because I would think having an audience all the time would probably disturb them more than some road work, with all the attention these "hobbyists" are giving to the birds. Can't imagine I would be at ease if there was someone standing in my street in front of my house watching me everyday.

A lot of these animal rights "activists" really need to re think their actions. I have never met one with a stable head on his/her shoulders.

yesterday started off kinda ruff. the motor on friends boat seized and left me stranded on keuka lake. bikkini clad angels came to my rescue and towed me to the launch. shortyly after ,i was drinkin beers,eating 5 star bbq, and soaking in sun. was even able to get some fishing done from shore. i couldn't believe it when a bald eagle begain to circle over head. the eagle swooped down, and snagged a fish about forty yards from me. definitely not something i'll forget soon.

yesterday started off kinda ruff. the motor on friends boat seized and left me stranded on keuka lake. bikkini clad angels came to my rescue and towed me to the launch. shortyly after ,i was drinkin beers,eating 5 star bbq, and soaking in sun. was even able to get some fishing done from shore. i couldn't believe it when a bald eagle begain to circle over head. the eagle swooped down, and snagged a fish about forty yards from me. definitely not something i'll forget soon.

I saw an eagle about 50 yards out snag a fish when I was on my superjet a couple days ago. Pretty cool.

Back