OT: Can anyone recommend a vet in East Valley?

aztbs

Anyone have a good vet they would recommend? I am in Chandler/Tempe area.

My big dog pushed his way out of the house last night and was struck by a car. He has one leg broken in two places and he's going to have surgery to have a plate put in. The bill will be more than the cost of my two tanks put together. :(

But anyway, we have been going to the "Dog and Cat Repair" animal clinic on Rural and Elliot and I am unhappy with the care we've gotten there. I was thinking about changing vets, and with this accident, I have more motivation to find someone I like. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear about your dog. I know from experience how expensive vet services can be.

Don't know if this is too far out of your way but we like Gilbert Vet Hospital on Gilbert and Ray. Just south of Ray. They've done a great job on my wife's 17 yr old cat.

I'm so sorry about your dog :( We have been to 7 or 8 vets in the last few years, and we finally found one we like. They are not the cheapest, but we really like both doctors and the staff. It's not really in your neighborhood, but it's not too far from the 101, it's on 68th St and Thomas.

Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic
6835 E Thomas Rd, Scottsdale, AZ
(480) 945-8484

And I know it's too late, but you might want to look into pet insurance. We have VPI, and it's saved us some money.

Good luck, I hope he heals quickly and well.

there is a great vet really close to you on elliot and mcklintock, the north east corner. They are great!! Was it einse or quinn? I will keep him in my prayers

We take our hairless egyptian cat to one here in Chandler:
Oasis Animal Clinic
812 W. Warner RD. #9
Dr. Veith

Matt

There is an awesome vet at Power Road Animal Hospital. She is kind & compassionate & this is a very well run clinic owned by people who really love animals.
The one that I go to is Dr. Durregger.
It is on Power Road between Baseline & Guadalupe.
I drive there from central Phoenix.
Frizz

I go to 1st Regional Animal Hospital
480-857-0451
They are at Warner and Alma School

2050 N Alma School Rd
Chandler AZ 85224

Dr. Joyner specializes in orthopedic surgery

Thanks everyone. I stopped by to see him a little while ago and he's pretty doped up and looks comfortable. He is currently staying at the 1st Regional Animal Hospital and they are taking good care of him. What a busy place! There was a three hour wait today for anyone bringing in a pet to the emergency.
Lotus, are their regular vet services reasonable? price/wait time? Do they send reminders for vaccinations and checkups?
JP - It was Eins. Quinn is beside himself with anxiety because Eins isn't here. Did you go to the vet on Elliot? I have seen it and wondered.
The Rural Animal Clinic (dog and cat repair) gets good recommendations but the vets don't seem to care much. The staff is OK but changes a lot. They have never heard of the Catahoula Leopard Dog breed and thought my dogs were Great Danes when they were puppies.
Thanks again for the tips.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6832840#post6832840 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aztbs

Lotus, are their regular vet services reasonable? price/wait time? Do they send reminders for vaccinations and checkups?

Yes... They send reminders... I really dont know how much stuff costs... I pay for 4 dogs at a time.... 2 rotties.. 2 shepards...

I go to warner vista animal clinic. the owner is a friend of my college Vet friend in MN. he does a great job..

SE Corner of Warner and Val Vista by the pizza Hut.

Update: We transported Eins to the Sonora Veternary hospital in Phoenix today. After all the waiting, the surgeon here in Chandler decided she wouldn't work on him.
So, he is in surgery now losing his front right leg all the way to the shoulder. The bones in his elbow joint were just shattered. :(
So if you ever go to the Shawnee Bark Park, stop and say hello to the three-legged Catahoula. We should have him home tomorrow and they expect him to be fully recovered in two weeks.

Ohh, that's harsh. Especially loosing a front leg. With that particular type of break this will cause him less problems in the long run though. Glad he is going to be OK. Your checking account will probably take longer to recover than your dog.
FRizz

I am a big fan of pet insurance. it is only $10 a month and it is very well worth it. I was givin 2 months free when I first adopted Karma and she came down with kennel cough 2 days after I activated her policy. It took awhile to get reembursed but they covered every penny

I have looked at some policies and I am still not sure it is worth it. For a dog his size/breed, the cost ranged from $28-$45 a month. The maximum benefit for a fracture was $800-1200 for the best plans. We went through that the first night at the ER!

What insurance do you have?

Back