OT: I'm getting an HTC EVO 4G Phone

I agree the EVO is pretty sweet. I am loving mine. The screen size next to an iphone is quite a difference. The sprint tv and the kickstand work nice together.

the phone is sweettttttt!!!!!! i changed from tmobile to sprint just because i loved the hd2, but hated windows mobile. now i get my android

I'm still rockin' my Pre, which I love more than any phone I've ever seen or had, I just wish that a) Palm didn't get bought up and their staff weren't being cut, and b) that there weren't so many bugs with the phone, because the interface and hardware are really so fantastic, but the occasional quirks and bugs do tend to drive you crazy over time (had my phone replaced 4 or 5 times before I got this one which is rocking steady and without any problems for about 5 months).

If I have Pre problems again, or Palm really does get dissolved into HP and they stop developing further updates for it, or whenever I'm done with this product cycle, I'll probably switch to the EVO 4g, except I don't like paying $10 more a month. These new Google phones are pretty sweet. And I hate Apple.

Honestly, the iphone 4g looks nice, and I am jealous of the battery life, but then again I can change out my battery and upgrade my memory. That being said we can go back and forth all day about your new iPhone versus my new EVO. We will both win, in our own minds.

That was very well said and politically correct! I am very anxious to see the evolution of Android and the new OS I think it's called Mamo. Which is run on linux.

Either way, as a tech/phone junkie, I am really glad to see this chatter about new phones / technology coming out!!!

question the IPhone have a app that is call Shazam is use to find song`s names,artist, do the evo have that app to?BTW the battery life is not that bad if u use a task killer it really makes the difference..

Well, while on vacation my EVO was charging and must have gotten to about 200 deg F. I could hardly pick it up. Since then my phone battery drains in just a couple hours. They are sending me a new phone, because they want to be sure it's not the phone causing the problem and not just a bad battery.

heres something you guys should enjoy.....i sure did. lol
** Has some profanity

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

heres something you guys should enjoy.....i sure did. lol
** Has some profanity

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Fantastic video, and so true.... :-/

No comments on today’s news about the iPhone?
The apple cult followers always blamed ATT for the dropped calls, I have four phones (3 Samsung 1 Motorola) on ATT family plan and never experience dropped calls. As you can see I do not have HTC or Apple phones, is just not that big of a deal to me, but I do see the cult like blind following of Apple that ignores the flaws and can not accept the possibility of something better.

Eric that video is the bomb....its so tru.

Anyone else see this also going on at the ATT stores.....the other day I decided to stop in the store NOT ON THE IPHONE 4 LAUNCH DAY just a regular day during the week also not during any kind of peak hours or any promos or other bs and just to take a look around. They had people held at the door making them wait in line and you had to sign in. Was this just to create the presence that the store was busy. I was like are you serious... just to look around we cant just walk in look around and leave. We have to sign a clip board wait ten min in line just to walk in lol. I looked in the store and their couldn't have been more than 6 people in the store. Are they truly serious just to look around do they understand how much business they are loosing. We told the guy no thanks were out of here as the guy was doing his best club promo to get us still to sign up for the vip room and a bottle service ....but it was just stupid. Is this how it is at all ATT stores this was the one by the sawgrass and best buy in sunrise.

No comments on today's news about the iPhone?
The apple cult followers always blamed ATT for the dropped calls, I have four phones (3 Samsung 1 Motorola) on ATT family plan and never experience dropped calls. As you can see I do not have HTC or Apple phones, is just not that big of a deal to me, but I do see the cult like blind following of Apple that ignores the flaws and can not accept the possibility of something better.

I've been with ATT since it was bellsouth. And have always had this issue with nokia and moto phones. Iphone was no different. However I must say its much better than sprint/nextel in my experience. I use Verizon service for work and that has probably been the best service as far as dropped calls go.

Back