OT - Lets all sit back and enjoy a good smoke

Been smoking up a storm lately.

Some ribs

28d3e359a860f9e85b57d1df6a2d80e8.jpg

Hot dog wrapped with mozz, ground beef and bacon

b71874e5946dfbf10247b40f7e246afe.jpg

479efb6278e99041120ff251294b2c4c.jpg

Meatballs stuffed with mozz, wrapped in bacon and picture with macro lens [emoji847]

64a76fbfe8d7e388fcbd6d32e12ce929.jpg

d1d8c4dd3bf778db8437ffd0559df89d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFM balls on a stick and side of BMSS. Bet you make some nice coral coin off a few trays of those sir.

I think the vendors would get ****ed when people are dropping sauce into their tanks as they shop. Plus I'd take everyone's money with these delicious snacks. People go home full and with no coral.

I jumped in and decided to try a brisket. Did a 7# pork shoulder last week, thing took 16 hrs to reach 190*, so when I got my little 7# brisket, I figured I better start early. Woke up at 4:30 and had the smoker heated up and brisket in there by 5:30. Took 8 hrs to reach 206* and is currently resting.
I couldn't help myself, 8 had to taste it. I haven't cut it to look for the "smoke ring", but from my sneak a taste test, this thing is delicious.
I'm very happy I got this 'lil electric smoker. This is only the 5th or 6th time I've used it, but I love it.
Next up is a turkey fryer. I'm considering oil free.

Did a small smoked corned beef the other day. Came out good but needed to soak in water longer, tad bit salty
efdf5e7f23c2621721c1d918431f735d.jpg

LOL If you need help, I can show you how to set up your APEX to run an automatic water change system for your corned beef!

Got a couple of brand new toys this past weekend for the upcoming season of outdoor cooking. Needless to say, I'm super stoked! :D

Finally broke in my new 18.5" WSM, BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 automatic temperature controller and ThermoWorks Smoke thermometer with some baby back ribs yesterday... Not too shabby! :D

Finally broke in my new 18.5" WSM, BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 automatic temperature controller and ThermoWorks Smoke thermometer with some baby back ribs yesterday... Not too shabby! :D

Looks great. Are you still liking that smoker?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looks great. Are you still liking that smoker?

Indeed I am. :) The WSM replaces my old propane Camp Chef Smoke Vault. I must say that I much prefer the smoke flavor I get out of charcoal vs propane. The addition of the BBQ Guru temperature controller makes it a truly set and forget set up.

Nice to see this thread come back. I smoked a turkey for Thanksgiving, also deep fried one the same day. Both in electric appliances made by Masterbuilt.
I do enjoy smoked meat, including turkey. That said, the deep fried turkey was incredible. It was safely fried inside my house.

Indeed I am. :) The WSM replaces my old propane Camp Chef Smoke Vault. I must say that I much prefer the smoke flavor I get out of charcoal vs propane. The addition of the BBQ Guru temperature controller makes it a truly set and forget set up.
Jealous

Nice to see this thread come back. I smoked a turkey for Thanksgiving, also deep fried one the same day. Both in electric appliances made by Masterbuilt.
I do enjoy smoked meat, including turkey. That said, the deep fried turkey was incredible. It was safely fried inside my house.
Those both sound awesome. I'm thinking I need to do more turkey. Why wait till Thanksgiving!?

Back