OT: Used SLR for sale?

Solitaryensis

Hey guys...I know how annoying some of these OT threads may be but im sorta desperate. Long story short, I am off to NYC next weekend and wanted to get a camera. I was going to get a a simple point and shoot but I've been in the market for a SLR for awhile so I figrued this might be a good time. Unfortunately, this trip came up at the last minute and I would prefer to go used, which means I wont have much time to shop around.

I figured there are a bunch of photographers in the club that might have a used one they might be looking to get rid of. I am looking for a D40, XTi or something equivelant. Dont need any fancy lenses or anything like that...yet. Please let me know if youve got something you would like to get rid of

Thanks,
Theo

Everyone raves about the Nikon D40, it's last years model so the prices have realy come down on such a great camera, costs between $469-$499 my brother-in-law just boughtr one last weekend and he said it rocks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13005632#post13005632 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by corals b 4 bills
Everyone raves about the Nikon D40, it's last years model so the prices have realy come down on such a great camera, costs between $469-$499 my brother-in-law just boughtr one last weekend and he said it rocks.

Yeah, im hearing the same things. The point and shoot i was looking at is about 250, so maybe worth it just to spend the extra 200 on something that will be long term. Its just like reefs. Why buy the 200.00 skimmer when you can buy the 1500.00 one :)

Haha, one thing to keep in mind is that the D40/x only auto focuses with certain lenses. The D40 doesn't have a built in autofocus moter.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13007861#post13007861 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nanoguy
For a second there I thought you were looking for a Mercedes SLR.
HAHA...I am probably about 18 years away from that :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13007900#post13007900 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Solitaryensis
HAHA...I am probably about 18 years away from that :)

At least you know that you are 18 years away from that.
With 2 kids, a wife and a reef tank, I can't even imagine I am gonna have that.... :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13007985#post13007985 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by radiolunatic
At least you know that you are 18 years away from that.
With 2 kids, a wife and a reef tank, I can't even imagine I am gonna have that.... :)

Hey Roy...I should have clarified. I am 18 years away IF i pay off my school loans, never get married, never have kids, get out of reefs and win the lottery :) Otherwise, all bets are off.

Shouldn't you be studying or something and not be too worried about cameras, bikes, macs, or reefs right about now??? haha..thanks again for the help this past weekend!

Haven't you ever heard of the world famous Benz Lenz? They're the best!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13013916#post13013916 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by -=Zepplock=-
I didnt know Mercedes got into camera market ;-)

Back