Owners Thread: Innovative Marine Fusion 40

I'm using the ghost and its fine. But if I know now I would take serious look at a HOB. I like to use my socks, and or media chambers. which the tunze will need one of those chambers. If you go with ghost, make sure you order thier preformance pack. Most onlines have them.

I think I started with a about 20lbs.. And have added a few more pounds.. I pick rock LFS and built my scape, did't just get 20lbs.

i ended up ordering the aquamaxx hob 1.5

Ok I finnaly add my Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget Chaetomax 2-in-1 9W Refugium LED, with a In Tank media basket. I really like the way the In Tank fits into chamber. Light mounts with velcro, very simple. There is no on/off switch which is the only drawback. I did add a timer that can control light. Add a small ball of Chaeto...will keep updates on growth, Might be getting a couple captive breed Mandrins next week. So this small Refug will help with pods, I hope.

I finally have the tank up and goin , will post pics this weekend if I get time. I love my vanity/stand that I modified, lots of room and looks nice IMO. Im using my hydra 26 hd , but will be using the aquatic life t-5 hybrid . I ordered an apex it should be here soon ,I will need to build a nice layout panel for it. I went with the avast marine ATO and love it. Im running the aquamaxx hob 1.5 skimmer only thing im having issue with is i need to re-plumb the intake and output to make it fit better/save room in the back . I totally love this tank, was planning on using my mp10 but the wetside died on me so i ordered the ice cap 1k gyre and are so glad i did , great flow no dead spots.

I plan on adding a reactor to run some GFO.

It looks like a lot of people are using the IM reactor in chamber 2 or 4. It seems like it would be difficult to adjust the flow to get tumble because you can't see it.

I'm leaning towards a BRS external reactor because I'm tired of working on gimicky gadgets shoved in the back of the tank. On the other hand, one of the appeals of the IM 40 in the first place was no chance of leaks by having anything external to the tank.

Am I overthinking this, should I just get the IM for GFO?

Thanks

I plan on adding a reactor to run some GFO.

It looks like a lot of people are using the IM reactor in chamber 2 or 4. It seems like it would be difficult to adjust the flow to get tumble because you can't see it.

I'm leaning towards a BRS external reactor because I'm tired of working on gimicky gadgets shoved in the back of the tank. On the other hand, one of the appeals of the IM 40 in the first place was no chance of leaks by having anything external to the tank.

Am I overthinking this, should I just get the IM for GFO?

Thanks

I really like the IM reactor. Mine is in chamber 2. My LFS showed me a cool trick on setting it up. Place reactor in a pitcher and adjust. Once you have tumble to your liking mark the in chamber with something, like tape. So when you take it out to clean you know where to line it up.

might be tough but any pics of the setup, im considering the same for my 30L

Sorry I forgot to get back. Bot sure it will help, plus first time adding pic too.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3
Been away for quite a while....tank has been doing well. Just letting it do its thing. But I get like this. I get the bug and leave it alone for a few months. Thinking this weekend of doing a major cleaning and adding some stuff. I'll post some pics once I have the glass all sparkling and maybe some new additions. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

New IM Products

New IM Products

Has anyone seen the new Items coming for our tanks?

There is a AUQA Shield
UV Sterilizer/Clarifier

For those the use the APS stands like me, there is a shelf coming in a few months. Can't wait for this one, and according to IM it can be installed without disassemble one's tank.

Been away for quite a while....tank has been doing well. Just letting it do its thing. But I get like this. I get the bug and leave it alone for a few months. Thinking this weekend of doing a major cleaning and adding some stuff. I'll post some pics once I have the glass all sparkling and maybe some new additions. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is there a max size for photo's tried posting a pic of tank and I keep getting an error?

I am interested in upgrading my 28g to an IM50 and have yet to find anyone else who has owned one.

Sorry Kevin haven't heard of anyone using this tank either. Personally I'm not a fan of shallow reefs... But if you like it go for it I say....

When setting up a refugium how did you decide which column to set it up in? What are the advantages of one over the other?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry newbie here but what is MD? I'm interested in setting up a refugium too and I am still trying to gather information on it. Thank you
Martin there is a great video on MD about using first chamber, custom caddy and even IM sales a magnetic led too. I was debating this one myself.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Back