Peacock vs diatoms.

Loganberry

Anyone know if diatoms can affect peacock? Got caught short when i got my peacock so its currently on glass bottom tank but plan to add 1 inch of crush coral and 1-2mm grain sand at weekend, will probably get diatoms.

Anyone know if diatoms can affect peacock? Got caught short when i got my peacock so its currently on glass bottom tank but plan to add 1 inch of crush coral and 1-2mm grain sand at weekend, will probably get diatoms.

I've not had any issues. I'd be extremely careful about potentially kicking off a cycle though.

In the past I replaced all my Hawaiian black sand with an oolite dsb. Was very careful and washed the sand really well and didn't have a problem except for ****ing him off for a couple days. Some diatoms but no real cycle.

I'm an edge case probably in that my mantis 90 is plumbed into a common sump with my mature sps90. 200 gal total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diatoms started to appear in my tank last week. They are still there but are no longer growing. I added phosguard and shut the lights off. I plan on getting a snail or something like that to clean them up but other then looking ugly they haven’t realy done anything. I think your peacock will be fine.

Back