Pederson Cleaner Shrimp

Need Help. I bought a Pederson Cleaner Shrimp online. He arrived today and I overlooked the size of the little guy. He is only 2.5cm long. I had to look and look in the bag of water. Now, I have no clue how to keep him. I dont have a refugium to keep him seperate and watch him grow. Should I use an overflow to keep him, and what do I feed him?

Any help is appreciated. They look really cool when they grow up and really want to help him grow.

Thanks!

sorry.. I have no advice as I don't know what a Pederson Shrimp is.. but would love to see a pic!?!?!?!

edit:
doing a quick search.. is it the same as a anemone shrimp?? if so.. do you have an anemone for him?
not saying he has to have one or you have to have one

Anemone Shrimp is another name for them. I'm worried about him being so tiny, I dont want him to get eaten in my DT where my anemones are (4). I'm looking for the best solution because he's still in the bag he came in. Again, he is so tiny I thought it was just a bag of water. Wonder if I could put him in a tupperware bowl until he grows. I don't know if he would need light, air stone, and what to feed him.

If 2.5cm is the length of it's body it is pretty much full grown. I have seen the while diving in the Caribbean both around anemones (they seem to like curlyQ's) and out in a crevice alone. Unless you have something that will eat shrimp (such as a puffer or trigger) it should be fine. Acclimate it very slowly and then let it fly - be free.

hth

What else do you have in the tank? Many fish would eat a shrimp that small.
I second the breeder trap or a breeder net box. He'll need flow & everything that a tank provides that a tupperware bowl would not. As for feeding, you could try the tiny sinking pellets, flake that you force to sink, or even a piece of brine shrimp.

Pederson Cleaner Shrimp

Need Help. I bought a Pederson Cleaner Shrimp online. He arrived today and I overlooked the size of the little guy. He is only 2.5cm long. I had to look and look in the bag of water. Now, I have no clue how to keep him. I dont have a refugium to keep him seperate and watch him grow. Should I use an overflow to keep him, and what do I feed him?

Any help is appreciated. They look really cool when they grow up and really want to help him grow.

Thanks!

I just encountered same exact issue. Granted this post was over a few years ago, we can all learn together...

I acclimated him for a while. Was the same size, a few centimeters or so.

Within 3 seconds of pouring him into my 20 gallon frag tank, I could not find him from bag to water...

Then I saw his feelers sticking out of my Dottyback's mouth while he chewed...

$30 down the drain. Do your research (talking to MYSELF INCLUDED...) before your purchase cool looking things online"

So ****ed rn :headwalls:

What else do you have in the tank? Many fish would eat a shrimp that small.
I second the breeder trap or a breeder net box. He'll need flow & everything that a tank provides that a tupperware bowl would not. As for feeding, you could try the tiny sinking pellets, flake that you force to sink, or even a piece of brine shrimp.

Fish seem to treat these shrimp like cleaners and they tend to leave them alone. I've had a white spot for some time that lives in my green star polyps.

I have anemone crabs/ skunk cleaners/ lots of hermits and lots of fish but he is doing fine other then the fact he prefers GSP to either of the available anemones.

I had a buddy spend like 70 bucks on them and when they arrived he was shocked how small they were. They all were eaten.

I had one and loved it. It lived seemingly safely in my montipora sticks. Then one day it was gone. Hoped for a molt but I haven't seen it since. I had 2 pearl jawfish and mollies in there. I guess someone ate him. Cruel world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really glad I found this thread. I was trying to decide if I wanted to add one of these to an order I'll be placing soon. After reading about the size of these, I'll opt for a different species. Maybe an anemone crab instead.

Back