People from Mexico

Anyone know If you can fly with Corals from the states back to mexico?

If so what kind of paper work will I need to do? Or how they would have to be packed?

Could I just put them in the same kind of boxes that people use to ship them and put them in my checked bags?

I called the airlines and talked to 3 people and no one seemed to have any idea.

Any one know what department in mexico I need to talk to to find out if i can do it?

Im not talking like a ton of corals. Just a few zoas ect.

Thankx

Importing Corals

Importing Corals

Anyone know If you can fly with Corals from the states back to mexico?

If so what kind of paper work will I need to do? Or how they would have to be packed?

Could I just put them in the same kind of boxes that people use to ship them and put them in my checked bags?

I called the airlines and talked to 3 people and no one seemed to have any idea.

Any one know what department in mexico I need to talk to to find out if i can do it?

Im not talking like a ton of corals. Just a few zoas ect.

Thankx

so, I believe u are going to go through a lot of trouble to get the corals across the border... U need some permits that are not handed easily and are quite expensive for what I know... I already tried once to bring some shrooms and had no luck. I believe the department you need to talk to is SAGARPA, they will need amount, names and so on, and of course this will take a looong time and money.
You can always try to drive back and hope you get the green light @customs but ur flipping the coin on that one
If u r able to get the permits or something I think a lot of people would be interested in getting some corals down to Mexico. so let us know! :)

Trevenator, importing corals is not for the normal hobbiest, I mean as someone else told you, you need a permit, but to obtain a permit you need to be an stablished aquarium facilities with a quarentine system, also permits are very expensive. Not easy at all, but I know some peolpe that has passed corals not declaring it, it is a matter of luck if you get the green light at customs clearance.

Ahh to bad.
Looks like way to much trouble so I dont think im even going to try.

Its crazy the Price difference and the selection that I see in corals when im here in the States as when im there in mexico :(

I just found a frogspawn up here in oregon for $18 that is so much biger and way beter looking than the one i found in mexico city for $140.

I hope as the hobby grows in mexico we will get a beter selection and the prices will drop.

Im bringing down my 6th suitcase this year full of reef gear :)

Can some one tell me the Best Coral/Fish stores in Guadalajara?
I plan on driving there soon. Might even do it tomorow.
I would like to pick up a few fish and some corals.
Thanks

Try these

Acuario la Providencia *****
Categoría: Acuarios
Ruben Dario # 1196
Lomas de Guevara
Guadalajara

Ask for Mr Ruben Gutierrez the owner and tell him that Snake (Sergio) sent you you might get a little discount

Also go to:

Acuario Atlantis GDL *****
Nicolás Copérnico, 45053 Guadalajara, Jalisco, México +52 33 3673 9814

Ask for Jose the owner, here you will find a good variety of corals and a good choice of equipment, tests, etc

Also you can go to

Mundo Singapur
Cel. 045 3313 857028
Tel. 01 3315 813244

Open: Llunes a sabado de 11-3 y de 6-9pm
Direccion. Asesores 5524 Col. Arcos de Guadalupe
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico

And ask for Fernando Padilla, tell him that snake sent you, he has a good quantity of frags mostly LPS and SPS many of them exotic corals.

I believe only Mundo Singapur and Acuario Atlantis open Saturdays afternoon assuming you will be arriving to GDL at that time

Acuario providencia is open only from 10 am to 2 pm

there is another you can visit

Pets - Fishgdl *****
Categoría: Acuarios
Av. Revolución Pte. 2227
La Loma
Guadalajara

Thank you Snake (Sergio) :)
You are always a great source of information.
I managed to set up a ok reef tank when I lived in Oregon but im having a hard time so far down here.
I heard that guadalajara has the best stores and that it also in the only place in mexico that has much of a reefing community.
Looks like I will have to visit there more often :)
Thankx

Well don't espect to see our local fish stores like the ones that are in the states :D

Here this hobby is kind of expensive and therefore not so popular, I'm glad to be helpful

Whenever you need some info, send me a PM, or you can add me to MSN if you have MSN messenger

Q-vo raza ! Yo soy de California en Ventura county pero yo navi en Mexico, michoacan sercas de morelia y zacapu mich. Are you guys familiar with that

Now I was wondering if theres anything going on as far as corals or any stores around here??

Hey everyone!
Im at Guadalajara and I've been wanting to get some chaeto but cant get a hold on some! Does anyone know here I can get some or if someone has some that can give me.. My refugium is up and ready for it, I want the chaeto to keep my copepod population up when I add a mandarin

hola a todos!
Estoy en Guadalajara y quisiera saber si alguien tiene chaeto que me pueda dar o donde pueda conseguir! mi refugio esta listo y quiero la chaeto para que la populacion de copepodos se mantenga al introducir un mandarin!

thanks!

:) nice! Thanks Snake! I have a small refuge so any amount is great! Im crazy busy until Sunday but Ill PM you!
Thanks again :thumbsup:

Hola sergio, yo ando por el sur, aqui en los LFS puras damiselas moribundas encuentra uno, todo lo importamos del DF, de esos acuarios que mencionas de gdl, sabes si hacen envios foraneos?

Hola sergio, yo ando por el sur, aqui en los LFS puras damiselas moribundas encuentra uno, todo lo importamos del DF, de esos acuarios que mencionas de gdl, sabes si hacen envios foraneos?

Hola, si es para mi la pregunta, pues mira en este caso seria como darle la vuelta a los bichos ya ke mucho de lo ke llega a guadalajara llega primero al DF

El problema de los envios es que pues las paqueterias son muy malas tratan las cajas muy mal, eso sin contar que pues los envios de animales estan prohibidos.

Es poco frecuente que los acuarios hagan envios foraneos, mas no te digo ke no lo hagan, si he sabido que lo hacen pero seria cosa que contactaras a un par de ellos ke se que si han hecho envios como en el caso de acuario Oceanic y acuario Atlantis.

Saludos

Yo intentare de abrir una tienda en Sonora.. Ando viendo detalles aun pero son mis planes para el principio de 2012

Hola compañeros, pues aqui nomas presentandome, no había visto este topic, pero que bueno que lo abrieron.

Saludos desde el DF

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know or have a anemone they would like to sell or trade? Im looking for a carpet (prefer gigantea), LTA or BTA... I've been asking around but seems that the government isn't granting any permits, I did get one from reefservices but it had a torn foot and died within a week

Alguien sabe donde puedo conseguir una anemona? LTA, BTA o carpeta? Hace unas semanas compra una LTA con reefservices pero llego con el pie lastimado y murio en una semana por lo que ya no quisiera pedirles a ellos...

Back