People from Mexico

Hello Everyone!!

Great thread!
Estoy en gdl, tengo una pecera de 500L y apenas empiezo a crecer algunos frags...
Alguien sabe donde conseguir corales buenos y bonitos hehe solo se que reefservices los vende en line...

estoy buscando unas ricordias florida!! Me encantaria tener unas en mi pecera :)

Gracias

Hello Everyone!!

Great thread!
Estoy en gdl, tengo una pecera de 500L y apenas empiezo a crecer algunos frags...
Alguien sabe donde conseguir corales buenos y bonitos hehe solo se que reefservices los vende en line...

estoy buscando unas ricordias florida!! Me encantaria tener unas en mi pecera :)

Gracias

Pues reefservices acaba de poner a venta algunas ricordias

No es muy comun ke los acuarios de aqui tengan y cuando traen las traen muy caras, debido a que son muy delicadas en el manejo.

Que acuarios conoces de GDL?

Ke tal Snake,

Si las vi en reefservices y me encantaria comprar unas solo que en este momento estoy un poco corto de dinero si no se acaban pedire unas al final de la proxima semana...

Conozco,

Acuario tepeyac
Acuario arboledas

Pero principalmente (unicamente casi) voy al acuario providencia con Ruben.. excelente acuario, servicio, precios etc... En realidad no conozco otro acuario como este en gdl

Hay otro acuario por ahi del que no sepa ??

Hello Everyone!!

Great thread!

Gracias

platica con aaron de www.mireef.com.mx y el te podra ayudar con los corales y equipo, especialmente con los ricordeas...

Im living in Puerto Vallarta and will be flying to Mexico City for a few days.
What is the best Coral/Fish store in Mexico City?
There is realy not any here in Puerto Vallarta.
Im looking to get a pair of False Percula Clownfish. A Yellow Watchman Goby and a Pistol Shrimp.
Also Some Nice color Zoas and Torch and a Frogspawn.
Any ideas on the best stores?

Thankx

Look for "Mercado Morelos" it has a quantity of vendors were you can choose the most you like, also you can buy in internet at reefservices.com if you want to buy corals.

Also why don't you drive to Guadalajara once a while ? I can recommend some aquariums or or maybe you can purchase or trade corals with some of us

Ke tal Snake,

Si las vi en reefservices y me encantaria comprar unas solo que en este momento estoy un poco corto de dinero si no se acaban pedire unas al final de la proxima semana...

Conozco,

Acuario tepeyac
Acuario arboledas

Pero principalmente (unicamente casi) voy al acuario providencia con Ruben.. excelente acuario, servicio, precios etc... En realidad no conozco otro acuario como este en gdl

Hay otro acuario por ahi del que no sepa ??

Si existen mas acuarios, no todos tienen corales, actualmente no muchos acuarios traen corales, nosotros logramos hacernos de algunas cosas cuando intercambiamos entre nosotros o bien nos juntamos para pedir cosas a los acuarios de mexico df.

mandame un mp y te invito a que te unas a un foro mexicano donde estamos muchos aficionados de aqui de guadalajara y con frecuencia nos resunimos.

Saludos

Look for "Mercado Morelos" it has a quantity of vendors were you can choose the most you like, also you can buy in internet at reefservices.com if you want to buy corals.

Also why don't you drive to Guadalajara once a while ? I can recommend some aquariums or or maybe you can purchase or trade corals with some of us

Sounds good. I plan on driving to Guadalajara soon.
I just happen to be flying in to Mexico city this Wed so i was thinking I would like to check out some of there stores.
Thankx

Sounds good. I plan on driving to Guadalajara soon.
I just happen to be flying in to Mexico city this Wed so i was thinking I would like to check out some of there stores.
Thankx

Cool, do you have a picture of your tank? I'd like to see it

Cool, do you have a picture of your tank? I'd like to see it

I will take a Pic when its alittle more done :) I have had it set up with my rock and sand for a month but im changing my aquascape.
Dont have any Coral or fish in it yet.

Also i have 2 more Evilc66's PAR 38 LED lamps and a EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10 coming in dec.

Do you have any idea where to get some reef safe epoxy putty like Aquamend or JB waterweld down here in mexico? I have tryed Home depot ect.
Thankx

I will take a Pic when its alittle more done :) I have had it set up with my rock and sand for a month but im changing my aquascape.

Also i have 2 more Evilc66's PAR 38 LED lamps and a EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10 coming in dec.

Do you have any idea where to get some reef safe epoxy putty like Aquamend or JB waterweld down here in mexico? I have tryed Home depot ect.
Thankx

You can get it from Aaron on www.mireef.com.mx

Thankx
Oh you are going on leds for lighting, so you are just starting your reef, how are your watter parameters ?

The putty you are looking for is not very common to find here, but you can use almost any epoxy putty, like PLASTILOKA, many of us are using epoxy putty for sculpturing. if you need it to attach you rockwork this is the one to use, you can buy it here:
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx...-epoxica-s2000-plastiarte-para-escultores-_JM and is very very cheap

Also this store http://www.acuarioatlantis.com.mx/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=275 is the one with the most availavilty of drygoods here in Guadalajara, they can ship to Puerto Vallarta also.

Oh you are going on leds for lighting, so you are just starting your reef, how are your watter parameters ?

The putty you are looking for is not very common to find here, but you can use almost any epoxy putty, like PLASTILOKA, many of us are using epoxy putty for sculpturing. if you need it to attach you rockwork this is the one to use, you can buy it here:
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx...-epoxica-s2000-plastiarte-para-escultores-_JM and is very very cheap

Also this store http://www.acuarioatlantis.com.mx/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=275 is the one with the most availavilty of drygoods here in Guadalajara, they can ship to Puerto Vallarta also.

Thankx for that epoxy info :)

Yes going with leds for the 1st time. I cant compare them the the Metal Halide System I had in the states yet because no dont have any corals yet.
But the price of electricity here is almost 3 time and much as it cost in the states so i hope the power savings will be worth it :)

My water parameters look good so far. PH is 8.3 . Ammonia is 1 . Nitrite is 0 . Nitrate is 0.
Its been a month so far and I never had much of a cycle. My Live sand and live rock are from the ocean here and were only out of the water less than a hour. Im also useing natural ocean water.

I have not lost any hermit crabs or snails so i think thats a good sign :)

I got 4 packs of Plastilina Epoxica S2000 today in 4 different colors.
What a great deal!! Its crazy the amount of epoxy that you get for 55 pesos.

I will let you know how my rockwork turns out.
Thankx again

I takes a little longer to get hard than the normal putty but, but you save a lot of money.

Back