PET PEEVES....list them here

1. Q 'Whats that ones name?'
A. Pterapogon kauderni
Q. No but like whats its name?
A. Bangaii Cardinal Fish
Q. Yeah, but like whats its name?
A. Female Bangaii Cardinal fish.
Q. Can I name her?
A. You can call her whatever you want, but it still won't be her name.

2. While catching fish for a customer 'Pretty fast arent they?'...grrr...ya think?

Ok, how about when people post using "text speak." For example typing "u" instead of "you" or "2" instead of "to." For some reason that just aggravates me :fun2:.

No turn signals, and dead turbo snails getting sucked up in water change bucket that I dump outside, and neighbor's dog returning them to my front porch the next day. Have you ever smelled a week old rotting dead turbo snail?:thumbdown::eek:

I love this thread. I'm very peevish. One more.

People who pronounce "anemone" like it's spelled "anenome". Including many LFS workers!!!

My mother who isn't even in to marine stuff, corrected me on this everytime I said it until about a year ago when I got into the SW hobby.

The fact that when buying equipment, I tried to do it in the most cost effective manner. Now, I am spending even more purchasing top line equipment to replace the crappy run of the mill stuff. I should have just spent the money up front.

Lesson learned.

10 pet peeves

Add one more.. Mine go up to 11:jester:
dunka1.jpg

When someone posts, "New Tank Build"
You read the thread,and find out the only thing the OP built were the muscles in his fingers from posting pictures of every thing he bought.

Telling someone whose tank has been cycled for a month to take it slow and steady before adding multiple things. Then come to find out they already have 6 fish and more corals than I have in my 180 that has been setup for 6 months. :smh:

Also when someone argues about something and then later goes and researches and comes back saying they were right from the beginning and never argued against it. :hulk smash:

This is one of the comments under the video!!!

That sohal and clown trigger will single handedly demolish those fish very soon. Not only do you have one vlamingi in a 180(these fish need over 300-400g a piece) you have two. I wish someone would stick people like you in that 180 and see how it feels, stupid bastard. I dare you to post this video on Reef Central, and see if you don't get flamed home crying to mama. SMH

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

one of my pet peeves are when people just HAVE to touch & move my Mag-Float!! Grrrr!!!
another is ppl taking pictures with Mag-Floats & Veggie Clips in the shot!! lol

1) people who bother to post garbage cell phone pictures that are blurry, then apologize for the photo...[just take it again till you get it right, then post it]
2)When you run a search on RC and read for hours, then post your question only to have some pompous DB tell you to "google it" or "use the search feature"
3)People who cant take the blue tooth from their ear when delivering a sermon, crying about their dead child after a drive buy, or when sitting down for a job interview [I have seen all 3]
4)Hijacking a thread [guilty as charged]
5)LFS owners who cry about the internet destroying business and don't even have a web site. [embrace the internet]
6)buying a controller that can do XZY but finding out you need another $120 part to do z
7)hypocritical politicians (both sides)... I guess thats all of them
8)People who park in front of my house....Park in front of your own house
9)People who apply silicone with an oven mit...Or at least thats how it looks. The only place I can see that look is between the baffles on the sump.
10)Not painting the back of the tank or at least using a solid background. Nothing looks quite as bad as the wires and plumbing hanging in back of your DT.
11)posting more than 10 peeves
12)using the term "with caution" on the description of a species reef compatibility. How do I do that....? with a leash on that flame angel?
13) a post that says "identify" but has no photo...
14) spell checkers that list "dint" then "don't" when you type the word "dont".....sure "dint" is the #1 survey says answer....

people that reply in a build thread and quote all pictures only to say 'nice job'

run-on sentences

2 instead of to or too etc

adults that use teenage slang-....what's that?...'ur hangin wit ur cru? but 1st u r droppin ur 4 kids of @ there dads?' neato misquito there darlin,please do keep it real

I feel guilty, but I literally am laughing my *** off. This is beyond ridiculous. It is really sad that a lot of these fish will likely die within the next few months.

My pet peeve is LFSs that say anthing to get the sale, especially to newbies. Don't they realize that when things go badly, they will be blamed, and we move to a different LFS. I can't even get into all the BS I have been told by them. Funny thing is, if the guy was honest, I would have kept spending money there. I have probably spent $300 at my new place, and that will only go up. How much more will the other guy get......$0.

Back