PET PEEVES....list them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc
If this thread is to stay open, let's keep it reef related. Or maybe I'll move it to the lounge.

People who mistake my warnings for requests.

I like this guy. He's funny. Probably the best post on this thread. To keep him happy I'll say something reef related... It's always a buzzkillington when my BTA eats one of my fish. Or two.

I have a few pet peeves...but my newest is: "Where are the selling forums?" There's a thread with that title posted about once every 4 minutes.

If they would allow image posts in the feedback section I would be using this constantly.

1235954-this_thread_again_super.jpg

A thread where the OP writes:

"Can I get XXX fish for my tank size XXX gallons and will it get along with my XXX fish?"

Then 5 reply posts saying "NO, that tank is too small, fish is too agressive!"

Post number 6 from the OP:

"I just got XXX fish from my LFS, I got a great deal, but my XXX fish keeps chasing it, and now it's stressed and looks sick, what do I do?!"

A thread where the OP writes:

"Can I get XXX fish for my tank size XXX gallons and will it get along with my XXX fish?"

Then 5 reply posts saying "NO, that tank is too small, fish is too agressive!"

Post number 6 from the OP:

"I just got XXX fish from my LFS, I got a great deal, but my XXX fish keeps chasing it, and now it's stressed and looks sick, what do I do?!"

Heh, we could make a bot that just posts those threads randomly. It would save time.

I hate how even all the corals people call 'weeds' are still priced at a premium when people try to sell them.

People on RC that think they're experts (when they too make mistakes like all of us) and look down on honest rookie mistakes as they tell them "If you can't do that, then I suggest you look for a new hobbie." Bunch of AHs.

When people take pictures of their fish while holding them out of the water in their bare hand!!!

what is the point of that?

When people take pictures of their fish while holding them out of the water in their bare hand!!!

what is the point of that?

++1, but really it's people who take FLASH photos of their new fish in their bare hands! Fish don't have irises - get a clue, and raise the ISO on your camera and turn the flash OFF! Better yet - wait until the new fish is firmly established in the tank, and THEN take a well composed photo.

You can KILL a fish taking flash shots of it during acclimation (I've done it, but never again) - why would you risk this? just to show it off to people on RC? ... Really?

Jay

Cry babies that Cry to the mods. And on the other spectrum the real assertive types seriously saltwater aquariums are to relax homeboy .

chillout with your zeo and ozone and everything you have head wrapped around get a chair and be happy with what you have. Except when you have a 9" scratch on your front glass, sob.

When my skimmer/return pump/other-expensive-and-critical-piece-of-equipment fails only when I'm away on vacation, or heading out the door to work!

Good god!!!!!

My biggest personal tank peeve right now (tank's been up a bit over a month): Everyone keeps asking if I have fish in it yet...I hate explaining the same thing to the same people. Except the 4 y/o girl next door, who runs up when she sees me & asks if I have any fish in HER tank yet LMAO. Precocious little kid cracks me up!

Lazy people who ask questions like How much salt to make 6g of saltwater? Youve got to be kidding, just add salt till its where you want it.

I hate when people call it a "Hot Water Heater". There is no need to heat hot water.
It's just a water heater.

On the reef side...My peeve is square frag plugs. They look ugly.

Back