PETCO scandal

No livestock wholesaler is going to ask their customer how they take care of the animals on the retail side of things.

Word.

I've never had a wholesaler ask me more than what do I want to order, where to ship to, and my CC number. The ones that might ask me anything more, are simple talking because we have a personal rapport and are simply socializing ;)

My LFS's are on par with petco.
There's also mixed advice between all of them.

It doesn't show anything about a person which store they walk in. Fish are fish. I've saved green spotted puffers from Walmart. After a couple years with them, they're now in the marine biology department at a local college I gave them to.

My petco has recently got their act together but a couple of years ago the place was atrocious.

Petco.com gets their fish shipped directly from tropical fish international to your door, so if you want to shop at petco I suggest petco.com.

I wouldn't really call that a scandal, but it is in poor taste. I'm sure the employees at that store just aren't trained. The petco in my neighborhood is run by an experienced reefer and the manager even takes special orders from me.

All I know is I purchased 4x hippocampus erectus seahorses at my petco this week. They all came healthy n eating at the store and all ate within 2hrs of being in my aquarium.

Could not beat the price!

:angryfire: Petco, where the healthy pets go, ha!:angryfire: My petco infuriates me! I saw a baby bicolor dwarf angelfish ( with itch ) being pecked alive ( barely alive ) by a full grown Undulate trigger who were put in the same tank. Half of the flesh on the abdomen was gone:(! I don't blame the triggerfish I blame the employees who put them in the same tank. And when I complained about it the employee just said its the,"quarantine tank", and the were fine. Seriously! That fish is going to die a painful death and the trigger is going to get sick because of their negligence:headwally:.

Seriously, a shop like this doesn't deserve customers, as they treat animals as pieces of junk. These things infuriate me too!

Back