Petition Against Shark Nets -Help Save Marine Life!

Re: Petition Against Shark Nets -Help Save Marine Life!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11573115#post11573115 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by occy
Hi guys,

Sign this petition to help remove shark nets from our coastlines. In doing so, you will be saving irreplaceable marine life such as Grey Nurse sharks, Great White sharks, Dolphins, Turtles, Dugongs, Hammerhead sharks and Whales.

Follow the link below:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/reform-gold-coast-shark-nets-and-drum-lines

It's your chance to help make a difference!!

Cheers!

Occy

Signed!

Sorry I cannot sign it.If one person were killed by a shark after removal of the nets anyone who signed the petition is an accomplice to reckless manslaughter. And those who do not sign it condemn sea life to death. Your choice says alot about you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11666443#post11666443 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SweetScientist
Sorry I cannot sign it.If one person were killed by a shark after removal of the nets anyone who signed the petition is an accomplice to reckless manslaughter. And those who do not sign it condemn sea life to death. Your choice says a lot about you.
Ya it does I personally value the life of the sharks over that of most humans! Its there Ocean NOT OURS every time we step foot in the ocean WE ARE INVADING THEIR HOME! i know if someone just walks in my house that i don't know they will catch a beat down DOUBLE QUICK!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11666443#post11666443 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SweetScientist
Sorry I cannot sign it.If one person were killed by a shark after removal of the nets anyone who signed the petition is an accomplice to reckless manslaughter. And those who do not sign it condemn sea life to death. Your choice says alot about you.

Some folks never tire of trolling and getting banned over, and over, and over again :rolleyes: Bye bye Affan, we'll just keep banning you :D

Now we need to petition shopping malls from taking anti-bird measures. (They clear cut and concrete acres of bird nesting sites and expect the birds to just be able to relocate miles away into another nesting site that will be bulldozed anyways..?)

Signed

Wait, how is this our chance to help remove shark nets? How does an online petition, signed by 5,000 mainly foreigners, change the actions of the elected leadership in Australia?

Wait, how is this our chance to help remove shark nets? How does an online petition, signed by 5,000 mainly foreigners, change the actions of the elected leadership in Australia?

It doesn't.

signed.
I personally also know that the shark nets on sydney beaches will sometimes 'mysteriously' be cut away by an anonymous wetsuited crusader.

Thats one back for the sharks :)

Personally, i can see that some people are afraid of sharks. But if you don't want to run the risk of a attack, its very very easy to remove the possibility of one; don't go in the ocean.

I think that everyone with half a brain who enters the marine environment accepts the risk (however incredibly small) that they may be attacked. It's not our environment, we are merely visitors in this world beneath the surface.

I fear that we will only really miss these beautiful creatures when they are gone.

Back