PG&E this month

I'm dreading seeing mine in running 2 extra heaters this month. 1 in a hospital tank and one in a tub curing some rock. I doubt it will be over 600, ouch, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Tom, what's your 'normal' Dec./Jan. bill? Did you use a lot more electricity or gas? Did the rates go up?

It seems like it's been colder but that might just be me getting older. :(

I looked back to last years bills and ours went down this year compared to last year for the bills in Dec. and Jan. Perhaps there was a meter reading error, meter error, or you have something using power you don't realize. Did you add a 400G tank and not tell us? :)

We have solar PV so I don't see a spike in electricity. Gas is our big expense even though I'm trying to make as much as I can! :)

$590 here but in addition to having two tanks and a pool I also have three teenagers on break that I don't think ever sleep or turn a light off......ever.

Wow that's insane. That's more expensive than my half the rent!!! All in all; T5's, LEDS, 100w heater, 2 pumps and 2 powerheads the whole setup doesn't draw more than 350 watts with everything going. Grant and Tom you guys prob pull 600-800 watts just from your lighting. Not to mention heating 120 and 210 gallons. Just goes to show you baller status isn't cheap :D

Well, I had partied a lot this month too so it's been crazy. I will take the fuge off line so I don't have to heat that water. I think having the fuge in the cold garage is one of the reason. My normal for this month is about $500.

I dont think the fuge alone if the prob. It has been cold and your remote sump is out there too. I'm going to have to do something because it is getting a bit rediculous. Its too bad my house doesnt have the proper directional facing or I'd do solar just to get away from PG&E. Their baselines are truly rediculous. Level 1 is approx consumption of a studio apartment. :mad2:

If I am staying this house long term I would have installed Solars years ago. I hate PG&E

Disconnecting anything will help drop my rate from 4th teir to a lower tier which will help so I'll start with the fuge. Now I just have to sell my beautiful Maculosus Angel fish.

We put in solar a few years back. Haven't paid an electric bill since. Of course we did pay for the solar --ouch!--. Luckly we had just enough south facing roof to make it work.

Tom, any way to insulate the fuge? And just what kind of parties do you have that use so much electricity? Wait, perhaps I don't want to know! :)

Whoa, that is a hefty bill.

I had to give up the sump in the garage. It would just get too cold and pump running 24x7. I insulated everthing and that helped ~$50, but xmas lights was enough to push me into tier 4. Kids never turn off the lights either. I'm gonna install vacancy lights that shut off automatically.

Solar will be next, but.... upfront cost too much.

I am going to build some insulation around the fuge adn see if that helps.

Neonfish, you can do a lease program on the solar and your monthly will be cut in half at least.

Tom,

I'm guessing that you burned about $150-175 worth of Gas in that bill. Do the solar lease it will save you and easy $150 month and it transfers with the house. I did it over 2 years ago and it's paid off big time.

Mine was up too $2500 at one time. I 'm down to one tank now and last month it was only $100. So if your not interested in solar or downsizing I would go through all your equipment and see if there is a more energy efficient option.

Back