Picture of the Month?

Personally I think RC should do what MASNA used to do and have a photo contest, judged monthly or annually, make a calendar out of the winners and sell them.

Images should be judged by peers here on RC. I would think there to be enough sponsors out there to manage a limited run on the first calendar after which it should be self sustaining.

A moderator can pick a category for every month. ex Corals, inverts etc. And then set up a voting throughout the month. just a suggestion.

A moderator can pick a category for every month. ex Corals, inverts etc. And then set up a voting throughout the month. just a suggestion.

You could also do different shots such as top down, FTS, etc and have a different category for every month. I'd imagine the pictures would be amazing, and would be worthy of a being on calendar pages. Sounds like a great idea.

Any moderators want to weigh in? It's hard to believe this hasn't been attempted in the past, but it does sound like fun.

This has been done before. Here is an example. RC photo contest

I recall that contest, I'm not sure that it ever got off the ground. I remember entering a couple of images. I've been away for a couple of years and I don't know what happened to the concept of a photo contest and the resultant calendar. Anyone know? :wave:

Personally I think RC should do what MASNA used to do and have a photo contest, judged monthly or annually, make a calendar out of the winners and sell them.

Images should be judged by peers here on RC. I would think there to be enough sponsors out there to manage a limited run on the first calendar after which it should be self sustaining.

We actually tried that once but the people in charge, dropped the ball on it.

We actually tried that once but the people in charge, dropped the ball on it.

Any thoughts on possibly reviving the concept. I think the original thread only lasted 2 months, but there appeared to be a number of eager participants submitting images.

Don't mean to step on any toes, but it seemed like such a good idea. Even if a calendar isn't produced cudos could be given by way of 'ribbons' in the avatar area (ie victories of combat aircraft), or special tag-lines, etc., you know how 'us' creative folks like to be stroked ...

Don't mean to :deadhorse:, I'm sure there's quite a bit of work involved in a 12/13 month contest, just seems like it would be interesting to task RC photographers and fun to sit back and enjoy the results. RC has always been such an innovative leader I am surprised that a way hasn't been found to capitalize on its creative member base.

Any thoughts on possibly reviving the concept. I think the original thread only lasted 2 months, but there appeared to be a number of eager participants submitting images.

Don't mean to step on any toes, but it seemed like such a good idea. Even if a calendar isn't produced cudos could be given by way of 'ribbons' in the avatar area (ie victories of combat aircraft), or special tag-lines, etc., you know how 'us' creative folks like to be stroked ...

Don't mean to :deadhorse:, I'm sure there's quite a bit of work involved in a 12/13 month contest, just seems like it would be interesting to task RC photographers and fun to sit back and enjoy the results. RC has always been such an innovative leader I am surprised that a way hasn't been found to capitalize on its creative member base.

We actually had a whole years worth of winning images......but I'm not bitter. :lol:

We might be able to dredge something back up. I'm crazy busy right now but ping me again in a couple of weeks.

We actually had a whole years worth of winning images......but I'm not bitter. :lol:

We might be able to dredge something back up. I'm crazy busy right now but ping me again in a couple of weeks.

... now that I think about it there should probably be 2 contests, one for BC (the artist formerly known as BG) and one for the rest of RC ... :worried:

I'll try to remember to 'bug ya in a month or so. :wave:

Back